Anybody interested in these software for potential Black Friday group deals?

guest_999

Adept
Me & my friend are planning on buying some good software during this year Black Friday if some good deal comes on group buy/multiple license. If anyone here is interested then we can decide now & just have to wait for the deals to appear.

1. Softperfect Networx

Best bandwidth monitor & logging software in my opinion. Simple, small & quite stable. Me & my friend can take at least 2 licenses so if 3 more persons decide to join then each license will effectively cost 400. It is permanent license with 1 year free updates.

1699689897858.png

2. Macrium Reflect Home

Best paid windows backup software as per veterans on many international well known backup related forums. The price now for 4 license family pack is $240 but macrium usually gives 50% discount during Black Friday but it will still be costly at around $30 (~2.5k) each for 4 license pack but maybe we can get lucky & get it for around $80 which would mean around $20 (~1600) each for 4 license pack in which case I will definitely take 1 license.

1699690147794.png

3. Stardock Object Desktop

Best windows theming software hands down. Too many features to mention so just check out the page. From start menu to windows explorer to icons & cursors, everything can be customized. Even has productivity software like fences & groupy. Me & friend can take 2 licenses easily so just need 3 more ppl for each license to cost around 850. The license mgmt works similarly to office 365 one drive thread here meaning a master acc/admin managing the installs/licenses.

1699690730012.png

P.S. None of the above software have "ahem" latest fully functioning versions available on win 10/11 so only way to get full functionality is by paying.

This post brought back such a wave of forgotten memories! These are really all high quality software.

Softperfect

I haven't heard of this name in over a decade — I remember paying $99 for a license back when BSNL had data limits on their 10mbps service and ended up with a 10k bill in my first month. I was able to keep usage under the limit with this app.

Excellent software, agreed.

I didn't even know this was still a thing, this was amazing.

I wish I was still on windows, I'd have wanted all of these!

I haven't heard of this name in over a decade — I remember paying $99 for a license back when BSNL had data limits on their 10mbps service and ended up with a 10k bill in my first month. I was able to keep usage under the limit with this app.
I was once hit with a bill of 1 lakh+ during my initial BSNL night unlimited plan days when it was just introduced(around 2008 I think) making a sort of record in my district but got it reduced to 1.5k after pulling some connections as it was fault of bsnl employees who put my plan under wrong category.

I didn't even know this was still a thing, this was amazing.
First used stardock in 2005 & was immediately impressed by its capabilities, only stopped using it as didn't want to use questionable means to get it & then got accustomed to using my pc without it. Now however, with all the win 10/11 ui tweaks(incl the theming of UWP apps vs win32 apps) I am again planning on getting it to help with start menu & explorer.

I wish I was still on windows, I'd have wanted all of these!
If not for some software I use that are windows exclusive I too would have moved to linux at least on one of my pc.

Back