Anybody using Idea unlimited 3G plan (650 bucks)?

OP,
Airtel Broadband is available at your place. Why not try it?

http://www.airtelonline.in/2012/10/network-coverage.html

Problem with airtel / reliance and such is that they are usually available in the area but that does not mean it will be available in my building. This is happening in Aundh area of Pune where i stay. Airtel is everywhere even in the building just 100 meters from mine and they don't provide internet in my society.

Problem with airtel / reliance and such is that they are usually available in the area but that does not mean it will be available in my building. This is happening in Aundh area of Pune where i stay. Airtel is everywhere even in the building just 100 meters from mine and they don't provide internet in my society.

Same was the case with me. You gotta keep on calling the local airtel broadband guys on a regular basis. Eventually they'll give up and install the lines in your society provided your society secretary gives them a NOC for trenching work.

Idea`s service was good few years back. after 3g arrival it has drastically came down. Suggest you find a local broadband connection than this 3g

and if you talk about speeds 3-4mbps. 4-6mbps during night time (12-6am)

I did Get a 7mbps+ speed once. When i was testing at Idea cellular Showroom :p

I have been using Idea 3g in Pune in Dhanori area. I have used it for more than 4-5 months and I can tell you that the speeds are pathetic. These guys promise for 3g speeds (which I believe should be above 2 Mbps at anytime since I am paying a hefty sum for it) and most of the time you will end up having speed below 1 Mbps that too if you are lucky that day.

I would suggest to go for wired broadband only. 3g in only scenario where you do not have anything other service provider and you need it badly and that too you can live with the speed hiccups.

I have been using Idea 3g in Pune in Dhanori area. I have used it for more than 4-5 months and I can tell you that the speeds are pathetic. These guys promise for 3g speeds (which I believe should be above 2 Mbps at anytime since I am paying a hefty sum for it) and most of the time you will end up having speed below 1 Mbps that too if you are lucky that day.

I would suggest to go for wired broadband only. 3g in only scenario where you do not have anything other service provider and you need it badly and that too you can live with the speed hiccups.

Ohhh... That's bad. And what about the speeds after crossing 3Gb limit? How were they? At least good for web browsing?

Back