Camera Anyone bought Camera from zoomin.com?

R0H!T

Adept
I have ordered a camera on zoomin.com last week (Oct 12) and chose Express Shipping while doing so. The order status still shows 'Processing' although it's been almost a week now. Their website shows that due to high volumes there might be delay in service request response. But Order processing is on schedule and All couriers are operating normally. So I assumed delivery within a week. But this seems too slow and I wanted the camera few days before Diwali starts :(

So I want to know, have you ever ordered Camera from zoomin and if yes, how was your experience?

btw, the camera I bought is Panasonic FZ35 w/ 3Yr manufacturer warranty, 4GB Card and Pouch + Rewards Club Offer @ 13k :D

No one bought camera from zoomin before? :(

Anyways, I had raised a request on their site on Sunday and have still not received any response. I called their helpline today and the rep gave me number of a guy called Yash and asked me to call him since he checks the order related queries. My request was assigned to this same guy yesterday but he has not replied to that. I tried calling his number and it was busy all the time. I am starting to doubt this company and think I have made mistake ordering from their site.

@Everyone, think twice before ordering expensive thing like camera from zoomin.com!

I have ordered a few things from them and they have been fast . I think you can wait till the end of week and probably follow up on Monday.

Sorry for hijacking, but I was about to create a thread with the same content when I happened to see this. I was about to order Panasonic-Camera-TZ10 from their ebay store as the price 10,999 INR looked good and I also got a 10%/1000 INR discount coupon yesterday. After going through your post I checked out their site and the same camera is listed for 13,599 INR :eek:. I would have thought the ebay price to be higher because of the listing charges associated. Now all of this is making me queasy about ordering from them.

P.S: I have printed albums from them before and have received them within a day or two at max through Fedex.

@Dhrubo

Even I have ordered few coffee cups from them before and have received it within 3-4 days. I called their helpline today and the customer rep assured me that my order is completed in their system and will be shipped tomorrow and I can expect it to be delivered within 2-3 days after that. So let see, I will update here when I receive it.

And regarding TZ10, 10k is very good deal and don't worry about ordering via eBay. eBay's Paisa Pay is very good and you should receive your camera on time. In worst case scenario you will get refund.

If they had listed FZ35 on eBay, I would have bought it from eBay only...even if the cost was about 1k higher. Paisa Pay gives you peace of mind

@RVK2488 - Thanks mate. Yeah, I was betting on paisapay and my previous experiences with Zoomin. I just got confused looking at the price difference. Seems like one of the listing is not updated. Have shot them a mail, let's see if they reply at all :).

I suppose TZ10 is the best I can get in my budget of ~10K (am a complete amateur when it comes to photography). Unfortunately flipkart (10,700 INR) and letsbuy (9,999 INR) show it to be out of stock and I could not find any better deal than the zoomin ebay one.

I had ordered one Sony W510 camera from Zoomin.

I ordered at 4 PM on that day, received the courier next day at 2 PM.

Was really fast, plus all genuine accessories bundled.

Great service

After opening 2 service requests and 2-3 calls to their helpline, got a call from zoomin on Sat. 22 Oct. that they were out of stock when I ordered the camera and somehow they forgot to cancel my order. So they issued refund and said that they will give me coupons 5000 worth (from their rewards club offer) and are sorry about what happened.

The worst part is flipkart had the camera on sale when I ordered from zoomin and by the time I got their call, it was OOS on flipkart too! :mad:

Back