Budget 20-25K Anyone bought LG G8x for 20k??

kvn95ss

Adept
I had placed it in wishlist, but couldn't order one. Phone has great internal specs, but since LG has lesser brand value than Samsung, Apple, etc their phones depreciate in value like crazy.

Not that I mind that, as long as it has decent innards and good package it shouldn't matter much. K20 Pro fits a similar bill (AMOLED screen, SD 8xx series processor) but doesn't seem to be going for its usual 23k price anymore. Which other phones can I buy?

Really wished I could've bought it tho T-T

@vriship photos of the phone when man? :p
Its really killer of a deal for the price... Wouldn't have even looked at this device for the original 50K price..

20201019_101317.jpg

20201019_101305.jpg

I didn't buy it. Changed my mind at the last minute. My asus 5z is not even a year old, i don't really need another phone. It was just for the novelty factor.

A friend of mine wanted to buy it after i gave him a heads-up. But he was travelling in shimla and unfortunately missed it because he was too late ordering. Like by a couple minutes. If i had know he would cock-up at the last minute, i would have ordered it for him.

IMO there are a significant number of issues which crop up after some time, as per the reddit sub. I still have the same question, how is a 50k phone selling under 20k? Medium/long term reliability issues? Still if someone has 20k to play with, it's nice from the novelty pov.

I think brand name carries a lot of value. LG phones would sell for half their price in used market. Their new phones would also drop in price, sometimes months after release.

@adventureguy If K20 Pro is 20k phone, how come Nord cost 24k with lower specced components? I think it's for the Brand. I don't think just the 90hz display can make for the price difference.

I bought one so did my brother on 19oct. I think it was there for atleast few min, although I bought it within a few seconds past 8pm.
Thanks to the pricing I was able to avoid buying a Chinese phone.

Last edited:
Back