Anyone got their Airtel BB upgraded?

I was just browsing through the Airtel site looking for BB plans in Bangalore. I saw all teh 8mbps are now removed and replaced by 16mbps plans. Last time I tried calling Airtel CC to try and get my connection upgraded it was a no go.

I tried threatening to leave but then was given a plan cheaper by 250 and 25 GB. But now I see even that plan is no more.

Seems no has been successful in upgrading their Airtel BB plans. So I called them again to see if they will upgrade my connection. While they were ready to waive off 50% of the current bill + free calling for 5 months + 200 off the 1099 plan (8mbps, 60 upgraded to 90 GB) every month, they kept on claiming no upgrade was possible in my area.

yeah.. i got it upgraded to ACT BB !! :p

jokes aside, i was on 2mbps plan for more than a year even when 8mbps plan was available for even lesser cost!! whenever i inquired , i was told that the speed is not feasible in our area. they would need government approval for 'box' upgrade etc etc. finally moved to ACT BB when i shifted to a different area [ACT wasn't available earlier].

I tried the surprises thing. Got a measly 2GB top up.

The problem with airtel is they don't have the courtesy to inform if and when they upgrade infrastructure in your area and plans have changed.

For me, while the CC kept claiming there was no feasibility in my area, I asked - "what if I ask for a new connection in my house and another Airtel CC tells me 16mbps is feasible. Then wouldn't that be egg on your face?" Answer I got was, our sales people lie sometimes and they misinform people about feasibility. She did not even feel bad about trashing their own sales people. Furthermore, another explanation was - we can promise 100mbps but if you get only 8mbps then sir what will you do. So I find it amazing really the way they talk.

In the end 899 for 90gb, 8mbps + free calls wasn't a bad deal, so sticking with airtel for now.

In Delhi I managed to get a 16 mbps/200gb plan for 2499. Wish 24 or 40 was available in my area :( And if we're wishing, wish there was a cheaper ISP available in Delhi.

In Delhi I managed to get a 16 mbps/200gb plan for 2499. Wish 24 or 40 was available in my area :( And if we're wishing, wish there was a cheaper ISP available in Delhi.
Will this be permanent?
It is pretty good considering I pay 2841+taxes for 8Mbps/175GB on BSNL.

Will this be permanent?
It is pretty good considering I pay 2841+taxes for 8Mbps/175GB on BSNL.

Yup, its permanent. I was on the same plan as you paying about 3300 after taxes on Airtel. I e-mailed Airtel about not having a plan that meets my needs since they don't provide the 24mbps/200gb plan in my area. I asked them nicely to give me a 16mbps/200gb plan and they did. Got activated within a day.

The trick to dealing with Airtel is to always e-mail. Phone reps are just ridiculous.

Yup, its permanent. I was on the same plan as you paying about 3300 after taxes on Airtel. I e-mailed Airtel about not having a plan that meets my needs since they don't provide the 24mbps/200gb plan in my area. I asked them nicely to give me a 16mbps/200gb plan and they did. Got activated within a day.

The trick to dealing with Airtel is to always e-mail. Phone reps are just ridiculous.

Which email id did you send it to?

I tried the surprises thing. Got a measly 2GB top up.

The problem with airtel is they don't have the courtesy to inform if and when they upgrade infrastructure in your area and plans have changed.

For me, while the CC kept claiming there was no feasibility in my area, I asked - "what if I ask for a new connection in my house and another Airtel CC tells me 16mbps is feasible. Then wouldn't that be egg on your face?" Answer I got was, our sales people lie sometimes and they misinform people about feasibility. She did not even feel bad about trashing their own sales people. Furthermore, another explanation was - we can promise 100mbps but if you get only 8mbps then sir what will you do. So I find it amazing really the way they talk.

In the end 899 for 90gb, 8mbps + free calls wasn't a bad deal, so sticking with airtel for now.
i pay 799 for 2 mbps fr 10 gb plus 1 gb after upgrade , after 11 gb it becomes 512 kbps. which city are you in ? im in gurgaon.

Back