Anyone has any info about CMC Limited

raksrules

Elite
My flat's owner just called and asked me if i knew anything about CMC limited. It is some company related to Tata group and TCS and is in IT field. Her daughter who is in last year of engineering has got some offer from CMC and they have told her to pay 5000 Rs for registration. Probably there are other charges too later on but i am not sure.
Anyone has any idea about what this CMC limited is and should one pay the money and what they really do ?
Do they offer job after training or something ?
The people from CMC came to her college to give all this info, as i have been told.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the letter she got...

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why the text points to some url as

Code:
https://www.boxbe.com/overview

11. Selected candidates should report in CMC office on 15th Feb, Friday in between 10 am-12 pm (according to the schedule given) to collect their selection letter & complete their registration process by paying Rs.5000/- as confirmation of their candidature.

I don't think companies charge any amount for their recruitment process which is generally mentioned in their website/ad on the newspaper. This might possibly be a scam.

I suppose they give some training or something, not sure. And yes that 5000 rs thing is raising eyebrows but the thing is the CMC people had come in office and they have called the person in their office only.

lol,i have had the worst experience with CMC Ltd.
They have a office in BKC,Mumbai from where i got a call for an interview,the next day when i went there they took some aptitude tests and later told me that they will be giving training and i have to pay 1L for 6 months training with no job assurance
I was just shocked,why bother with the aptitude tests if you are going to give training for an amount that we are paying.I ran out like a rabbit

As far the email goes,it could be a scam
I had got a Tata Motors email for a job opening and the website they had given was something else,just be careful

I suppose they give some training or something, not sure. And yes that 5000 rs thing is raising eyebrows but the thing is the CMC people had come in office and they have called the person in their office only.

Please ask your neighbour's daughter to triple check before committing to this recruitment because training is a part of the rec. program and no payment is sought from the recruitees.

It might be a good idea to call the HR dept. and confirm it. The contact details can be had here - CMC - Contact Us

Just read online and searched more on this. Horrible reviews. Total scam in the sense they will give you stupid internal projects and will take 1+ Lakh rupees for all this and will show true colors after you give the money. Gonna warn my owner not to put money in this.
Random job locations and salary (if every you are placed) is less than 5000 rupees.

Sounds like a scam. The letter doesn't look like something that a professional organization would send. Even if it's not a scam, it's probably some kind of paid training/certification kind of thing. Either way it's best to stay away.

Specially writing this for raksrules.. Gujju - Gujju bhai bhai :bleh:

Well, Yes CMC Is a genuine company from house of TATA.

Here is the process,
They give advt in most newspapers & contact freshers.
Call for interview, pay 5000 Rs as registration.
Show good CMC floors with people working, bla bla, some marketing.
Once "You are in bottle", you need to pay 1,50,000 (A friend has paid so I know)
You start training, you get nice ID cards, learn daily in classroom, Fresher out of college will be flying by seeing high IT life with amazing interiors & cafi machines :p
3 months, Training over, Go on the floor. Now what ?? No Projects.. Run here & there.
If you are lucky enough & your manager speaks your language (hindi, tamil etc), you are preferred.
Remaining are out. 90 % of people come out after 3 months of training as they will not keep you longer on bench.
End of Story. Paying 1,50,000 Rs for 3 months of IT stay & "Training" certificate. - If you think its worth it then go & blow dad's money.

Seeing this, other good IT companies also started this :).. What to do.. Market is bad, no projects from US & UK. Atleast grab money from wana be IT engineers.

Per person 1,50,000 Rs (One batch has 100 people), teach them some bla bla including english speaking & how to behave in IT company. Hold them for 3 months & leave.

Do the math :p

I still get their mails, sms and calls frequently. Never fall in to such schemes.. My friends paid their fees, got some training and ended up being jobless, instead go, find some good companies and apply :)

CMC pestered me for more than a year with calls & emails for joining their shitty paid training, in spite not being interested & asked not to contact me they still follow me. They were in my college during placements & selected NON-IT engineers from Electronics & Mech & later showed their true colors worth Rs.96000 + 5000.

Totally avoid it .

Have told my owner about all this and to stay away from these. Moreover i read that locations might be away from Pune as well and he is reluctant to send his daughter outside Pune.
I think i should tell him to let me go rent free for a month. :p

Thanks a lot everyone who provided the inputs. I know i can rely on this wonderful Techenclave community (please don't change the name) for honest reviews and opinions.

@raks, They have in all major & minor cities too. Its good to grab money from small cities.

See here - CMC - Contact Us
Starting from Bangalore to Bhopal..

Just think of the margin money they make... Batch of 100 people with each paying 1,50,000 Rs.
Friend who paid it said he was tought english speaking, how to speak in conf calls with US & UK. I would not pay 1,50,000 for 3 months even if some movie actor will teach :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the same experience as @YashBhatt. Lol, I ran out as soon as I could. They kept calling me the next day. What a waste of time. After giving the aptitude test, they made me wait for about 2 hours.

I've had the same experience as @YashBhatt. Lol, I ran out as soon as I could. They kept calling me the next day. What a waste of time. After giving the aptitude test, they made me wait for about 2 hours.
Why run out, stand there and give them a piece of your mind, after all you are the customer and they are the service provider.

Parents would have already spent lakhs on your engineering & now spend 1,50,000 more for 3 month course. (To learn english & how to speak to foreigner on conf calls)

Please think of your parents & their hard earned money. Earn 1,50,000 with your hard work & you will understand value of it.

Earn 1,50,000 with your hard work & you will understand value of it.

+1000 to this. Kids and teens these days don't know much value of the money. Trying earning yourself to understand the value and buying even a 2000 rupees phone or something will give you more happiness when bought using your own earned money.

All else aside, CMC today has no projects to speak of that can even remotely enhance a freshers career.

No projects, thats why they need some income to show to main firm (TATA Sons/TCS). What better way do you have by taking 1,50,000 per fresher :)

Back