Anyone here using Jio (or any other) eSim?

raksrules

Elite
I use prepaid physical SIM of Jio. I read on its website that I can convert it to eSIM. Initially (an year+ back) I had though that one cannot just use eSIM, physical SIM has to always be there and eSIM can also be used. But on reading Apple's support page I got to know that in iPhone 13, which I have, I can actually have 2 active eSIMs or 1 eSIM +1 Nano physical sim.
So I want to know if anyone here is using ONLY eSIM in their phone? Do we get OTP and everything properly if it is eSIM and no physical SIM? I had read long back that we don't on eSIM number.

I am asking this for my upcoming travel wherein I will need to install physical SIM of another operator and that means my Indian number will be shut off (else have to carry cheap feature phone) so though of converting my physical SIM to eSIM and have the physical slot free and insert a new SIM there when needed and have both numbers active simultaneously.

A related query - how easy is it to switch between physical and esim and vice versa ? Do we need a new physical sim each time I switch back from esim or the old one will work ?

A related query - how easy is it to switch between physical and esim and vice versa ? Do we need a new physical sim each time I switch back from esim or the old one will work ?
Physical SIM to eSIM is easy and can be done by ourselves (at least for Jio) or at a store. To go back to physical SIM we have to go to the store and get a new one. We cannot use the old SIM.

Additonally, if I have esim only, I can just insert physical sim in my phone and that too will start working normally right?

Back