Anyone made their own LED Profile Lights

My house is 14 years old. I am planning to install LED Profile lights instead of too many ceiling lights. Have any one here created one such. I am looking for inputs such as where to buy the Aluminum Channels, diffusers, LED strips, LED Drivers etc. I am looking for Channels that can accommodate two LED strips so that I can both Cool White and RGB. I need them to be dimmable and controllable by mobile.

One of the local company is quoting around ₹780/meter for the Aluminum profile and additional charges for LED and Driver + fixing charges. So, it is coming close to ₹1,100 per meter. I need around 150 meters. I think if I buy these things on my own, I should be able to make it around ₹400/meter. The other problem is that they are only supplying a physical remote without any mobile app. With my own custom make I can use a mobile app.

How much did it cost and where did you procure the material?
I don't remember the exact break down, it was couple years back. Aluminum profile is definitely less than Rs780, I got it as 6feet length for about 250 or 300, 15ft LED strip for about Rs750 (I think 60leds per meter), quality was good only COOL light though. LED driver was the costliest of all the parts required, Rs 800 for 10amps.

Local market, Troop Bazar, in Hyd.

Back