Anyone Owns - NEW Inspiron 14 ?

Hi Recently i has purchased the New Inspiron 1464 Lappy...

Initially i am not intrested in the inspiron itself. When i has seen the the live demo of the New Inspiron, which attracted me very much...

Specs

Core I3 330M Processor
320GB HDD
512MB HD4300
etc...

Performance
Windows 7 Ultimate Score 4.4
Can able to Pay PES 2010 In Medium Setting

issues
when i play high graphics games... laptops becomes very hot(not that much hot).. which makes me to remove the latptop from my lap....

For the normal usage laptops is very cool and good...

I am running this laptops for atleast 12hrs for downloading... as of now no issues

this will be good lappy for budget Constraint pls

@greenhorn

I had eye on 14z... but too costly deal. Not into gaming so dont need extra GFX..

Trust me NEW Inspiron 14 looks way way better then 14z & old 14 :)

@muralimahe

Thank you bro, your feedback helps.

Yes ,New Inspiron 1464 thats the model i liked it. I guess HD4300 is not there now.

Can anyone tell me me if Intel HD Graphics will be able to play 720p/1080p movies without any shutter ?

I am looking at S541214IN8, which is REAL value for money.

Inspiron 14 Laptop Details | Dell India

What do you say guys ?

Waiting for feedback.. Pls share your views.

If Dell gives Win 7 with new laptop,

Is it good to remove all crappy software with it from add or remove prog OR install a fresh copy if someone has Win 7 Ultimate Original ?

What partition do Dell gives on New lappy ?

Yes, Intel HD Graphics can handle 1080p very well and without any problem.

If you want to remove all crappy softwares, then you can from add/remove programs, no need to install a new/fresh OS.

And Dell will make only one partition, whcih is c: (Afterwards you can manually create other drives through softwares like Easeus, etc)

If Dell laptop has 500 GB HDD then Windows will be installed in C right, then how do I create partition of C when already windows is installed on it :(

Praks said:
If Dell laptop has 500 GB HDD then Windows will be installed in C right, then how do I create partition of C when already windows is installed on it :(

windows 7 and vista partition manager allow you to shrink the existing drive to create space for new partition.

Praks said:
@Malique
Thanks, Is it possible to fully format the laptop & make C drive as 20 GB & Install Win 7 from Dell DVD ?

to be honest, i am not sure, but most of the recovery dvd's fully format the hard drive (when you want to make a fresh install of windows) or create 2 partitions one C: and the other for the recovery drive.so you do not have a choice to specify a partition size.
so when the windows is installed, use the Shrink Space option from the Disk Management Utility to create a new volume without repartitioning the hard drive. Its pretty simple.

I dont need a recovery drive.

Its like on fresh full formatted HDD, Create 20 GB & install Win 7. Remaining partitions of diff GB for movies, songs etc.

Any help ?

Guys,

One Q to all Dell laptop users.

Dell gives 9 GB just for recovery partition etc. Now I don't need that.

If I have fresh copy of Win 7 (Purchased separately) can we go ahead & format whole laptop & make partition the way I want ?

What would be ideal partition size for C drive to install Win 7 Ultimate ? 20 GB enough ?

@DigitalDude

Any idea how much just Win 7 ultimate installation takes ?

If games are not played then 50 GB seems to much :)

@DarkAngel

are you sure buddy ? I heard Dell just gives repair CD, you cant install fresh copy. Please confirm.

ALL IN FORUM -

Is there any dealer or do you know someone at Dell who can give best price for NEW Inspiron 14 ?

20GB will surely bottleneck you in the course of time.

my win7 is ~14GB, programs ~5GB, games ~10GB, rest free space in my 50GB C: drive.

just installed some 4 days back. yet to install steam and lot other programs.

and I don't have any pagefile or hibernate file crap in the c: drive :D

_

^ Best prices are available in the market outside and not from Dell. Check out the computer market in your city and you will find good deals.

Praks said:
@DigitalDude

Any idea how much just Win 7 ultimate installation takes ?

If games are not played then 50 GB seems to much :)

@DarkAngel

are you sure buddy ? I heard Dell just gives repair CD, you cant install fresh copy. Please confirm.

ALL IN FORUM -

Is there any dealer or do you know someone at Dell who can give best price for NEW Inspiron 14 ?

They gave OEM OS disc for my Dell inspiron E6400 to the Dell Inspiron 1545(with C2D) that my cousin bought last november. I don't think it would have changed in six months.

Any latest dell laptop owners confirm this please ?

Finally decided, Keep C drive of 40 GB for Win 7 Ultimate, hope it will be enough.

Any one on forums knows anyone at Dell Rep who can give better discount ?

Back