Anyone using Edge on DoCoMo ?

tarey_g

Adept
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong section but it was the closest match I could find here :).

Now the question, is anyone here using Edge service from Tata Docomo ? I am currently on Idea (Edge) and have been using cr@p internet plans from them. I want to switch to DoCoMo asap under mobile number portability scheme.

I have a Android phone (Samsung Spica) and normal GPRS does not seem to work on it, so Edge here is important for me. Also if anyone can confirm that the tariff/plans for GPRS and Edge service are same of different, in case of Idea there is no distinction.

Thanks,

Gaurav

tarey_g said:
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong section but it was the closest match I could find here :).

Now the question, is anyone here using Edge service from Tata Docomo ? I am currently on Idea (Edge) and have been using cr@p internet plans from them. I want to switch to DoCoMo asap under mobile number portability scheme.

I have a Android phone (Samsung Spica) and normal GPRS does not seem to work on it, so Edge here is important for me. Also if anyone can confirm that the tariff/plans for GPRS and Edge service are same of different, in case of Idea there is no distinction.

Thanks,

Gaurav
If you're in Pune as your location suggests, get Docomo without a second thought !

Docomo has 3G in Pune. I recently used it to make video calls on my iPhone 4 using Tango / Skype. One word, 'Flawless' :)

Also, I was'nt on any special plan ! 3G just worked out of the box when I entered Pune from Mumbai :)

AFAIK, in Pune, Airtel has the best network... Why not try it?

Also, before porting your number try to get hold of a Docomo SIM, check it out for yourself... I am in Mumbai and i am using EDGE on Docomo, speeds hover around the 20~30 KBps mark, but you need to check it out for yourself. When 3G started trickling in, i used to get very bad speeds, less than 10 KBps, but once MNP was announced, speeds have come back to the 20+ KBps mark.

BTW 3G plans and 2G plans will be different, so read the offers carefully.

I once got hold of a Docomo network trial SIM through a friend and used it on my Spica. It gave me decent speeds.

But that was a few months ago. I dunno what they are like now.

Back