anyone using TATA+wi fi?

neostan

Disciple
Hey guys, any of you using TATA broadband with wireless?, if so whats the wi-fi router u using and could you help me the config ?;) , I called up the TATA support and "as usual" they didn't have a clue on what I speak :mad:

One with the login page? just use a wifi router. login from one comp, net starts workign from all comps

Yup, I am.

I use the Infinity512 and a Linksys wireless router - WRT54G2 I think.

You go to the setup page (http://192.168.1.1) and key in the IP details like you would in the TCP/IP properties (it's on the first page itself). If your connection is configured by DHCP and is not fixed IP, you set it up accordingly. It's identical to the Windows settings, so if you know how to key that in, you're home.

You also need your router and PC to connect first, so the first thing I did was to change the router password and security settings with wireless disabled. Once you do that and give the router the settings it needs to connect to the net, you should be online.

If you don't want to use DHCP, you need to tinker a bit with the settings in the PC's connection settings page, someone here had a post on exactly what the settings were. IIRC they were 192.168.1.1xx/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1 (or whatever your router's IP is) and the DNS set to whatever you use.

Oh you're using the ADSL modem? You need to hook up the modem to the router instead of the PC. Are you using a regular LAN cable with the modem, or is it (gasp!) USB? Mine comes directly as a LAN cable which plugs straight into the router, but I would imagine you need to connect the modem to the router instead.

Do you have a fixed IP, or is it set to 'obtain automatically'?

Mine is static IP and connection is through USB,asked these ppl to change it to a LAN one and fighting for a month now :mad:

k now sangram sorry if i m stupid with my question :( ...Now i conenct the network cable to the NIC net works fine....Now lets say I connect the router to the modem I would have to do the config on the modem to allow the router right???

Don't worry, the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

If your PC works when you connect the network cable to the PCs NIC, so will the router. Once you physically connect the modem to the router you will get internet access through wireless, but you have to configure the modem first.

To do that, first connect the router to the PC physically, set up the connection, then connect the router to the modem.

AFAIK the modem does not require to be configured unless it is locked to your PCs MAC address, and I'm not sure that's how they do it. At least, when I had a modem it could connect to any PC configured with the right IP settings, and logically it would allow a router too.

Back