Graphic Cards Anyone with Ati Mobility Radeon x2300 in their laptop

chhajer

Disciple
Hey,
I was just wondering if ATI x2300 mobility radeon can support a samsung p2350 as external display (23inch monitor with 1920x1080 resolution)

I am sure that it won't be able to support games at that resolution, just need it to work at that res.

Thanks!

(x2300 is in sony vaio vgn cr-14gn)

Mobility X2300 is based on X1300 Core which is DX9 compatible. You won't be able to play games at 1920x1080 resolution but yes movies will be supported.

yea I had it in my last laptop. dont expect anything from it. it cant support counterstrike source at 30fps at 1280x800, expecting any more would be futile.

muzux2 said:
Mobility X2300 is based on X1300 Core which is DX9 compatible. You won't be able to play games at 1920x1080 resolution but yes movies will be supported.
Thanks for the information. I don't plan to play games at that resolution. I just want a larger screen to work on (which is more processor limited).

MrRIG said:
Nothing found here ATI Mobility Radeon

If your lappy has DVI-D or HDMI then it may support the said resolutions

Yeah I already check the ATi site and googl'd a bit. Could not find anything concrete. Will try some different search terms today.

comp@ddict said:
you might be surprised, some GPU's cant churn out higher resolutions than 1600x1200(but those are really old).
Well I'll take my laptop to CTC this weekend and post my findings here.

Lets hope that it works out for me, since not really in a mood to upgrade laptops given that this one is working just perfectly.

Here is an update, i bought dell p2211h and my existing x2300 supports 1920x1080 (both in landscape and portrait mode) which is great since i was not keen on upgrading just yet.

The good thing, i can use it in portrait mode, which is how it's going to be.

The bad thing, it lacks HDMI input so i cannot connect it to my motorola atrix :(

cheers!

Back