Anyone with MSI X340?

3.14or22by7

Disciple
Any of our TE members owns this MSI laptop?

It has Intel® Core™2 Solo Processor ULV SU3500 processor which does have Intel VT x and Execute disable bit options. But does the BIOS supports enabling these features so I can use to test Virtualization?

Don't ask me what are you going host on a single core proxxy and 2 GB RAM :cool2:

OK, I ended up buying this laptop. So, let me answer the above question myself :)

The answer is that the BIOS doesn't have these options and so you can make advantage of the hardware assisted virtualization :(

Anyway, the laptop is very sleek and light and the performance is way better than any regular netbook. Plays 720p videos smoothly but 1080p videos struggle with frame rate.

first of all congrats on buying the machine.just a few questions though

how much did u pay for the lappy.

how many hours of battery life do you get?

cheers.

Can u try with wmc player ..

It can play 1080p (DXVA enabled) without any issues..

3.14or22by7 said:
OK, I ended up buying this laptop. So, let me answer the above question myself :)

The answer is that the BIOS doesn't have these options and so you can make advantage of the hardware assisted virtualization :(

Anyway, the laptop is very sleek and light and the performance is way better than any regular netbook. Plays 720p videos smoothly but 1080p videos struggle with frame rate.

1080 plays properly depends on what player you use ,t his is a full vfm laptop , 720p plays without a hiccup , its much better than your average notebook and is just slightly thicker than the MB air.

^^ Its on Sale at staples for 19,990 incl al taxes plus a kit of mouse, laptop pouch, Cleaning kit, mousepad.
Enquired today, But don't know it comes with 8 cell or 4cell.
Could akshay say about it & about battery life too..

johnie1 said:
thirumalkumaran can u please post the link

Sorry Dude..
I had checked it in person at Bangalore - Hosur Road Staples...
Its really a good machine Much higher than what it is priced..

But don't know it is the new version which comes with 8cell standard

battery life is less than five hours.. you can consider it around 3 1/2 hrs considering general use... it comes with a 4 cell battery...

i just had a talk with the seller... Even i'm planning on buying one for myself absolutely VFM... just looking out for white color one locally...

regards,

Vrishi

I have the X340

Battery life sucks big time. preferrably opt for a better battery.

Keyboard is pathetic the whole keyboard is very soft and hence when keys are pressed the other keys also bend.

The sleek factor is what makes it worth it.

Comes with Windows 7 Home Basic Pre-loaded.

I installed Windows Vista Business after 4 months of using Windows 7 Home Basic.

Now it feels like a premium laptop.

harishgayatri said:
I have the X340

Battery life sucks big time. preferrably opt for a better battery.

Keyboard is pathetic the whole keyboard is very soft and hence when keys are pressed the other keys also bend.

The sleek factor is what makes it worth it.

Comes with Windows 7 Home Basic Pre-loaded.

I installed Windows Vista Business after 4 months of using Windows 7 Home Basic.

Now it feels like a premium laptop.
You must have gotten the older stock of the model , they had this issue with the keyboard which was corrected in the never models , the model i have has a much better keyboard and doesent flex it all when you type.

Battery life is at 3.5-4 hours on a 4 cell , i bought this from Croma,Mumbai for 19990 + 1900 for additional 2 yrs warranty i.e. a total of 4 yrs warranty.

SoulFire said:
You must have gotten the older stock of the model , they had this issue with the keyboard which was corrected in the never models , the model i have has a much better keyboard and doesent flex it all when you type.
Battery life is at 3.5-4 hours on a 4 cell , i bought this from Croma,Mumbai for 19990 + 1900 for additional 2 yrs warranty i.e. a total of 4 yrs warranty.
no I havent got the old model.

Actually I would have preferred if you guys waited and went for a X350 becoz it is just better than X340 specs wise and look wise

Back