Anyone with spare broken screen kindle ??

Vidy

Disciple
Somehow i have managed to brick my 1month old kindle 3g+wifi+special offers:clap::( , Right now i tried resetting it by pulling thepower switch for more than 20seconds. It reboots struck at the same location forever .

Yet to try calling customer service (No ISD in my mobile FML).The problem is i brought it via ebay.in and it is special offers version .
I have read in the forums that there are people with kindle3 with broken screen issue. If they can donate/sell their retained kindle. im happy to take/buy it.Cause i could swap the my working kindle screen with their broken screen . :D

unni said:
I guess you might have already tried everything. If not, see this: Kindle 3.1 pushed to my device, now stuck at tree screen? - MobileRead Forums

I have replied to your pm.
Its duokan alternative os that killed my kindle.. worked fine in the beginning, i uninstalled , then it started freezing

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Spoke to Amazon reps. they didn't deny replacement ,But they are not gonna ship it to India cause it is sponsored version ,as i have friends there..not a problem for me .

But i have to send bricked kindle to amazon ,can you guys shed some light on shipping kindle to US

My kindle Resurrected

I had to access it via its serial port, some linux commands .. It came alive smiling again..

Total damages ,

Calls to Amazon CS reps. 150/-

Botched Arduino board repair 300/-

New USB->TTL Adapter 700/-

Days Kindle bricked 27

Hours Spent fiddling with linux 10+

Etching PCB 30/-

Fixing Kindle on my own

***PRICELESS***

Wow! Congrats. I was thinking of asking you what happened.

How did you fix it? Any link? Or Amazon CC helped you?

Also, did you need all the items listed above or only "New USB->TTL Adapter"?

Actually you dont need all, only these..

1.USB->TTL adapter (based on FT232RL or HL2303HX)

2.Optionally PCB etching tools for custom serial connector

or you need to open kindle to to tie/tap/solder wires physically.

3.ribbon cable 2ft(4 wire)

4.Ubuntu or any other Linux distro

I tried to salvage FT232RL IC from arduino board ,broke IC Leg.. had to get a replacement IC,

and i brought adapter from rhydolabz ,though at nex-robotics its 400 only incl shipping but it was now out of

stock..

And Amazon CC is good, only that for every problem they suggest replacement :D

I will put a complete guide with relevant links/credits tomorrow..

Back