Anything better than Xcd 35 in 7k?

6pack

ex-Mod
Finally going to buy Dell Xcd 35 from Vijay sales (probably). Found out its first gen phone with 256MB rom and 512Mb ram. It can be unlocked to 512Mb rom right?

If not this phone, then can you tell me any other android / non android phone which is as good as or better than this in same price of 7k?

I know its an old phone but there are budget constraints. else my first choice was moto defy+ or defy from flipkart.

Finally going to buy Dell Xcd 35 from Vijay sales (probably). Found out its first gen phone with 256MB rom and 512Mb ram. It can be unlocked to 512Mb rom right?

If not this phone, then can you tell me any other android / non android phone which is as good as or better than this in same price of 7k?

I know its an old phone but there are budget constraints. else my first choice was moto defy+ or defy from flipkart.

XCD35 has 256 MB RAM and 512MB ROM. No, you cant change them. It is built in while the phones are manufactured. Unlocking a device doesn't change any hardware. It is software related thing.

For your budget only other two phones out there are Samsung Galaxy Y and LG Optimus Me.

My friend owns Galaxy Y. It has Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and a faster processor. But its screen is not good. Dell XCD has excellent screen for its price and a better specified camera with autofocus. I think it comes with FroYo (Android 2.2) now. If you are getting XCD35 at 7k, go for it.

Only thing is some people have complained about not so good battery performance. But I think that huge screen is worth it.

Under 7k-8k

NO
<

It's unlocked with the latest official ROM by Dell.

Is it? I didnt know that. Sorry for the wrong info then.

It seems Dell had put 512 MB RAM while manufacturing but had initially masked 256 MB (Why?). Some have reported that it comes with 512 MB unlocked now. No need for us to take that extra effort to unlock it.

Dell XCD 35 comes with 512 MB ram but i wont suggest you to buy this phone as the Dell mobile division support is horrible, they just import this phone from ZTE and rebrand it as Dell, they dont have any spare parts with them and often replace the entire phone and they take even 1.5-2 months to replace the phone.

#RS4, then what phone would do you suggest?

i've heard of horrible customer service from almost all phone service centers. with customer care being outsourced to the lowest bidder now, i guess there are hardly any companies who care for good service.

#6pack, All the other major companies have decent service centres and they keep spare parts,service facility etc.. its not the same with Dell mobile division, anyways you dont have any other good option in this price range, so go for it.

Thank you
<

bought the phone for 6990 from vijay sales website

They called before dispatching the phone so I am happy with their service ..

The phone is great but as I had feared and a couple people had pointed out that xcd35 this cheap means the ones with 256 mb ram ...so that part sucks ,,:\

I thought only the old stock had 256 mb ram but surprisingly it says 12/ 2011 as the month of manufacturing and 1/2012 as the month of import on the box ...

The phone does heat when it charges and the battery drains to but nothing extreme .the low ram does make this phone lag a tiny bit sometimes so you d have to clear the memory regular intervals..

Thank you

bought the phone for 6990 from vijay sales website

They called before dispatching the phone so I am happy with their service ..

The phone is great but as I had feared and a couple people had pointed out that xcd35 this cheap means the ones with 256 mb ram ...so that part sucks ,,:

I thought only the old stock had 256 mb ram but surprisingly it says 12/ 2011 as the month of manufacturing and 1/2012 as the month of import on the box ...

The phone does heat when it charges and the battery drains to but nothing extreme .the low ram does make this phone lag a tiny bit sometimes so you d have to clear the memory regular intervals..
and what about the camera does it work with cyanogen mod.

And is the ram unlockable

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Back