Anyway to get my money from coinbase wallet?

raksrules

Elite
Long back I put some very small amount in crypto using coinbase. At that time I was in US. Once I came to India, I had to convert my coinbase wallet to India region.
I have like 11K INR in my coinbase wallet(as of today's value).

It seems there is no way for me to get this money out as I cannot put it in any bank or so.

Can anyone suggest if there is a way to get this money out? I ask this since I got below email today from coinbase..

93C8C324-96AA-41C2-B170-9CFDD0FA4D5B.png

Convert the INR to other crypto like BTC, and transfer it to Indian supported exchange like Wazir. Trade it back ti INR and cash it out. KYC will be required tho.

Do you have an account in any other exchanges? If so, send it to that wallet and withdraw from there.
Don't have anything. I don't even use crypto. This is something I bought back in 2017 as an impulse and it is almost same money I had put then.

But I can create account with some exchange and can transfer it there as coinbase has restricted selling, buying, withdrawing money etc but not sending and receiving.

Also found this article and if this, not sure if the website are legit.
I am ok buying amazon gift card or other gift cards.

I'm also in the same situation, Recieved an email from Coinbase today morning that they'll delete my account by September and I need to get my crypto out of it.

I have another problem on top of withdrawing, I converted my eth to eth pos, and it's locked.
Not sure how can I unlock it to transfer to any other exchange. Let me know if you find a solution. I'll probably send an email to Coinbase support to at least unlock my eth pos amount.

You can buy gift cards and perhaps sell/use them: https://www.bitrefill.com/in/en/gift-cards/?s=1

Personally used this service multiple times when I was casually mining with my gaming pc back in the days.

Thanks for vouching for this. This gives me some confidence because I want to make sure I am not throwing away 11K.
You can buy gift cards and perhaps sell/use them: https://www.bitrefill.com/in/en/gift-cards/?s=1

Personally used this service multiple times when I was casually mining with my gaming pc back in the days.

Do we need to connect existing wallet to this website or we can first transfer the bitcoin to them and then redeem them for gift cards? I see some issue with the connecting of wallet (saying something related to Ethereum only). If I verify my identity on this website, will it give me a BTC address where I can send the BTC from coinbase to this new address so it appears in this website so I can buy the GCs.

I saw something related to lightning address but then it says this "Don't try to send funds from Coinbase to your Lightning address since they don't support it yet.". FML.

I think I can convert the BTC to ETH inside coinbase and if that is possible, will I be able to connect the coinbase wallet to this website and use?

Last edited:
As far as bitrefill is concerned, you can just transfer your BTC from Coinbase to bitrefill, from the topup balance button.
To be on the safeside, I suggest you transfer the smallest amount of BTC you can to bitrefill which can buy you a coupon and test it first. I said the smallest because Coinbase will probably have a minimum amount for withdrawl.
Remember, when transferring BTC from coinbase, there will be fees, coinbase fees + BTC network fees. Fees can be a bit high, popular exchanges I know charge like 1k for total fees.
I do not find it necessary to convert your BTC to ETH.

@enthusiast29 any help on above?
Sorry missed the earlier post.

Last I remember we could link our coinbase wallet with bitrefill and didn't need to send any funds to a blockchain address manually.
We could just select coinbase and it would refirect to coinbase website where we are asked to input 2FA code to process the payment.
I think that integration is either now closed by CB or bitrefill, most probably CB.

Anyways, you can send the funds manually by using coinbase to a btc/eth address shown by bitrefill. Just take care of adding additional fees so that the txn is processed on time (30 mins IIRC).

Sorry missed the earlier post.

Last I remember we could link our coinbase wallet with bitrefill and didn't need to send any funds to a blockchain address manually.
We could just select coinbase and it would refirect to coinbase website where we are asked to input 2FA code to process the payment.
I think that integration is either now closed by CB or bitrefill, most probably CB.

Anyways, you can send the funds manually by using coinbase to a btc/eth address shown by bitrefill. Just take care of adding additional fees so that the txn is processed on time (30 mins IIRC).
That bit refill Website gives something called "lightning address" and explicitly says that don't use coinbase to transfer crypto since coinbase cannot do it.

Is there any other website / wallet which gives me an address to which I can transfer the btc and then use or withdraw it?

Last edited:
That bit refill Website gives something called "lightning address" and explicitly says that don't use coinbase to transfer crypto since coinbase cannot do it.

Is there any other website / wallet which gives me an address to which I can transfer the btc and then use or withdraw it?
Use a non-custodial wallet https://www.exodus.com/ if you need to.
Or just use the normal BTC to USD on bitreffil
your BTC address should start from bc1
000267.jpg

All that needs to be done is send the asking amount of btc to the address which bitrefill gives. That's the manual and universal method.
Last I purchased anything from them was in late 2021.

I'm not aware of any other website.

Last edited:
All that needs to be done is send the asking amount of btc to the address which bitrefill gives. That's the manual and universal method.
Last I purchased anything from them was in late 2021.

I'm not aware of any other website.

Yes so I was able to buy a Rs. 500 amazon gift card but some error came (on bitrefill) even before my transaction was verified (which took like 30 minutes). In email, it says that gift card is out of stock, not sure how it allowed me to buy. I will get the money refunded and then again attempt to buy something which is in stock.

Yes so I was able to buy a Rs. 500 amazon gift card but some error came (on bitrefill) even before my transaction was verified (which took like 30 minutes). In email, it says that gift card is out of stock, not sure how it allowed me to buy. I will get the money refunded and then again attempt to buy something which is in stock.
Did you buy anything from bitrefill ? if yes, then please share your referral code :)
If no, then please let me know if any other method worked for you to get your crypto out of coinbase.

Is the coinbase still active in India? Does anyone know whether I can create a new account right now?
I believe the last date to get your money out is Sep 25th.
And I don't think it's a good idea to create a new account now, even if they allow you to do so.

Back