CPU/Mobo App showing incorrect temp

yadusaiyan

Disciple
i have 3 third party app like HW monitor ,coretemp ,real temp
Every app shows high temp.But corecenter from msi shows less temp for the same but when i directly restart the pc and log to bios it shows temp in the range of the corecenter like 2 degree less than core centre.for example when testing with prime95 largeftt the temp shown in hw monitor was 90c but when i restarted quickly and went in the bios the bios showed only 58
My proccesor is running on stock cooler
I also have latest bios i.e 1.6 and msi has written that 1.6 fixes the incorrect reporting of temp.so why the temp difference

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do not use that crap software created by MSI. Uninstall it. Also BIOS temperatures are not always correct. Better to use RealTEMP, HW Monitor. I uninstalled the core center they day I saw the UI.

asingh said:
Do not use that crap software created by MSI. Uninstall it. Also BIOS temperatures are not always correct. Better to use RealTEMP, HW Monitor. I uninstalled the core center they day I saw the UI.

i will stop using the software but the problem these are the temp at idle i.e 60c shown by HW,coretemp
and 47 shown by MSI's corecenter

^^

Then I guess 60C is your idle. You cannot do much, unless you lower a thermal probe near the CPU header, and get a reading. MSI's bundle for sure is reporting incorrect.

Back