Laptops Apple Care Protection Plan - Apple just doesn't seem to care!!

flipsyde

Disciple
We have a Macbook Pro 13 in the family and its been doing great. We purchased it in India and it originally came with a one year warranty. As we wanted to extend our warranty I went out on eBay and purchased the Apple Care Protection Plan which extends the warranty by 2 more years. The MBP 13 is 15 months old now and the ACPP is about 9 months since purchase.

Recently the superdrive developed an auto-ejection issue. When we approached the service centre they said that the ACPP is not reflecting in their end and so I will have to contact Apple Support. When I got them on the line they ask me NOW after 9 months of registering the Apple Care Protection Plan for the invoice!! I tell them it was an online purchase via ebay and so I don't have the bill but I can however send the mail I received from the seller.

After a day Apple support gets back to me and says they can't help me out and that my ACPP is not valid since I have made the purchase on eBay. I asked them how they have been giving me phone support all this while and even now on the website it shows that I have registered the ACPP for my MBP 13 for which they reply that its a valid ACPP number but since I have purchased it online its not valid.

All this makes no sense to me. If it was not valid or whatever they should have contacted me via phone or mail telling me so as soon as I registered with it online. They do nothing of that sort and now I suffer for no obvious fault of mine. I really want to take this issue up with Apple and get what I paid for. Can anyone tell me who else I can write to and contact to handle this issue further??

Apple no longer honors ebay purchased Apple care plans.I do not know why but they just don't.First you can not get email ID of any higher ups and their terms and conditions does mention that they do not honor warranties purchased outside Apple stores.

Metalspree said:
Apple no longer honors ebay purchased Apple care plans.I do not know why but they just don't.First you can not get email ID of any higher ups and their terms and conditions does mention that they do not honor warranties purchased outside Apple stores.

Then why let me register with the code I get from the buyer? If they rejected the code I would have asked for a full refund from my buyer. Besides there are so many people across the world in so many forums who have managed to purchase and claim protection from Apple via eBay.

You were the unlucky one i guess.I know many people whose warranty was decline as it was purchased from ebay. I am sure Apple cannot control on what is sold on ebay i mean there are no separate serial numbers for ebay purchases its all the same.Instead of getting from ebay you must have at least got from authorized distributors in US ,i know Apple care in India is way too expensive than US.

It has happened before and it will happen again!!Either the Apple retailers are not explaining the customers properly or themselves are ignorant!!In India you MUST have the hard copy of your invoice or Apple care protection plan for any sort of repair through authorized service centers.http://www.techenclave.com/laptop-b...ime-buy-macbook-pro-194345-2.html#post1881952

Go through post no. 20 to 25.sbhas2k states that he got his display replaced without any purchase invoice for Apple care(which is impossible in India as you have learned the hard way!)

i symphatize with the op.tough luck bro,but the macbook pro super drive is crap anyways.get a portable dvd rw and you are set.if you plan to repair it however its going to cost you some money.

but you can get a better dvd rw for half the price.

Back