Apple dealers forcing extras for launch day purchases

Dark side of buying Apple flagship on launch day. In simple word had to buy these to buy the 13Pro max.
Is it even legal to do it? forcing someone to buy things they don't want along if they are paying full money for the actual stuff.

Btw don't mean to derail and go out of topic but just curious to know...what and why is this happening.

GL bro.

Is it even legal to do it? forcing someone to buy things they don't want along if they are paying full money for the actual stuff.

Btw don't mean to derail and go out of topic but just curious to know...what and why is this happening.

GL bro.
Its not legal but Apple dealer or even the company does not care reason is demand and supply buyers are ready to pay the premium to get the devices on the launch day. Also all this is being done by the dealers and not Apple.

13 pro max is being sold at premium of 15k/20k, Even today someone I know bought the 13 pro max 128gb for 148k which is 18k premium over the current retail price, Before launch price for 13 Pro max was 155k for the global device which does not comes with a invoice.

They gave me 2 options either get the 3rd party insurance which is for 21k or take Beats studio buds, Me and my friend We bought 2 devices both 13 pro max 256gb we bargained and settled for these 2.

Its not legal but Apple dealer or even the company does not care reason is demand and supply buyers are ready to pay the premium to get the devices on the launch day. Also all this is being done by the dealers and not Apple.

13 pro max is being sold at premium of 15k/20k, Even today someone I know bought the 13 pro max 128gb for 148k which is 18k premium over the current retail price, Before launch price for 13 Pro max was 155k for the global device which does not comes with a invoice.

They gave me 2 options either get the 3rd party insurance which is for 21k or take Beats studio buds, Me and my friend We bought 2 devices both 13 pro max 256gb we bargained and settled for these 2.
If next time someone tells me India is a poor country I will tell him about this.... :p

it really that important to have it day 1 that too paying such a huge premium. It is like playing into their hands...

btw Congrats on your Iphone 13.

This ain't just Apple resellers pulling this shit but even happens for budget brands like Xiaomi if you decide to purchase any of the new launches from their Mi physical stores. Geeky Ranjit (a popular tech reviewer) covered this in one of his Q&A where he mentioned he sent his driver to purchase an Mi device on launch date and the store refused to sell unless he bought some extra accessories.

Couple of days delay from shipping might be the reason. I don't think it'll be out of stock considering its an expensive product (Unlike xiaomi and realme).

Usually car dealers indulge in such practice when the car sales hit a jackpot at launch and have months of waiting period for eg Kia Seltos, Ford Ecosport. But this usually dies down after few months as the demand subsides.. unless you are getting a Honda Activa - whose demand never drops lol.

Anyway, I don't understand the urge of getting the item on Day 1, unless you are in dire need. For eg. I bought Poco F1 in its first flash sale as my OPX was on ventilator and wasn't able to hold more than 30mins of charge.

Were there any other products/options other than overpriced bose & beats, or seller was deciding what all you can buy.

India is a poor country because 10% Indian population holds 70% of nations wealth.
That is true for every country including the richest in the world.

Hey, I am a bit inexperienced in this topic. But why pay extra when iphone 13 can be easily bought for MRP from Apple store (Online).
Its not 13 its 13 Pro max wait time for pro and pro max is over a month and is still OOS everywhere. One can find the 13 Pro but not Max.

Were there any other products/options other than overpriced bose & beats, or seller was deciding what all you can buy.

It was insurance which we both did not wanted hence got these 2 as an option.

Damn. Then people call these phones overpriced. How can they be overpriced when so many folks are paying 30k over the list price. If anything, the iPhone is underpriced in that case.

So today cousin in Delhi went to shop for 13 Pro max he went from cannought to KB to Gaffar... Not a single peice 13 Pro max was easily available those who were selling were asking 10/15k premium over MRP.

STEAVE JOBS- SALUTE.

The people complaining may not be the ones buying.
Anyways "Shauk badi cheez hai".

True those who complain are the one who never buy these expensive phones....have seen diamonds studded and gold plated iPhone selling for 4/5 million and they do sell.

Love that line shauk badi cheez hai... [emoji108]

Last edited:
Back