Apple Event 2022 recap

Price increase of SE was slightly disappointing. They could have at least released a non-5G version at the old price.

Or just kept the price unchanged. It's not like $399 is very cheap even for the US.

And of course, their formula of Dollar Price x 100 for India is also really annoying. Why make a budget phone, then price it into the premium segment in the most budget conscious market?
Yep, 5g won't be mainstream in India for 2 years. For small cities even more.
But seeing how android is lagging more and more in performance without throttling and awful shutter speed on Samsung so we have got good sensors and good photos as long as the subject doesn't move, apple will get away with this. Their only downside is battery.

I am disappointed that price was increased for SE 2022. This phone is door way for people who have never been in iOS and Apple knows that once someone is In, they will automatically start buying other complementing products like apple watch or airpods and such.
I know still people will buy.

how much storage does a 1 min of 1080p60fps consume?
The frames per second and the resolution are not important. Multiply the bitrate of the video times times the duration in seconds and divide by 8 bits per byte to obtain the the number of bytes in the file.

For example: if the video was encoded at 10 Mbps and had a duration of 2 minutes, then 10 Mbps * 120 s / 8 bits per byte = 150 MB. If the video was encoded at 125 Mbps and was 1.5 minutes long: 125 Mbps * 90 s / 8 Mbps = 1406.25 MB.

The frames per second and the resolution are not important. Multiply the bitrate of the video times times the duration in seconds and divide by 8 bits per byte to obtain the the number of bytes in the file.

For example: if the video was encoded at 10 Mbps and had a duration of 2 minutes, then 10 Mbps * 120 s / 8 bits per byte = 150 MB. If the video was encoded at 125 Mbps and was 1.5 minutes long: 125 Mbps * 90 s / 8 Mbps = 1406.25 MB.
However, while recording a video on the phone, as a user, you will be setting the resolution and the FPS, not the bitrate. The bitrate will be decided by the phone's software. So for users, the size is a direct result of the resolution and FPS.

I don’t know who will buy this so called new gen SE 2022 for 43500 when most of the year we can get a beautiful design and bigger OLED display 12 mini for 41000
Apple is known for smart pricing especially during festival season. A good discount, Bank offers, exchange and you could find the price in the upper-mid segment. If they want to boost sales, this would be a common strategy.
I recall Renegade getting Apple 13 for around 50-60k with all the offers n stuff. So why not Se2022.
Mini while still a premium compared to Se2022, would still hold its high price, or see a marginal decline.
But then, there are too many variables to consider. But there's more room for Apple to adjust in Se2022 than in Mini.

I don’t know who will buy this so called new gen SE 2022 for 43500 when most of the year we can get a beautiful design and bigger OLED display 12 mini for 41000
Yes
At least they should have given edge to edge screen because nowadays every phone has it and even edge screens like the one in Samsung 7 edge.

Apple is known for smart pricing especially during festival season. A good discount, Bank offers, exchange and you could find the price in the upper-mid segment. If they want to boost sales, this would be a common strategy.
I recall Renegade getting Apple 13 for around 50-60k with all the offers n stuff. So why not Se2022.
Mini while still a premium compared to Se2022, would still hold its high price, or see a marginal decline.
But then, there are too many variables to consider. But there's more room for Apple to adjust in Se2022 than in Mini.
The SE 2020 had a sticker price of 42500 even when it was made in India. The SE 2022 will also fall in terms of sale price when it is made locally. Won't be surprised to see it around 30k by Diwali, so launch prices, as always, is for suckers of the brand.

I got the 12 mini for a little above 33k in October which made the SE 2020 largely pointless during the sale period. But then the 12 mini was largely over-produced compared to demand, so don't think the prices for SE will really be lower compared to Mini this year, definitely not if the entire global situation keeps getting worse.

@t3chg33k how is the battery life on 12 mini
Much better than the SE 2020 I had before it but probably will not last a day with intensive usage.

However, I had purchased a generic MagSafe battery pack from China which can charge up to 80% wirelessly when slapped on the back or about 150% when using a wire. That has basically addressed the only concern I had since the MagSafe battery pack fits perfectly on the back, is easy to carry in the pocket and doesn't impact the usability much when charging.

I got the 12 mini for a little above 33k in October which made the SE 2020 largely pointless during the sale period.
Man where was this offer when I was buying my phone lol.

I almost bought the first gen iPhone SE for 3.5k used, but it was sold to another party (OLX). Ended up getting LG G8x.

I don't plan to use my mom's iPhone either (7 plus) not because of the camera issue,but for it's lack of headphone jack. Even Fiio Btr are kinda expensive / rare, so can't give up my Blon bl03 just yet

We are talking about a smartphone video recording not a professional video camera so of course the frames and resolution are important. Which was why I asked. See it for yourself.

Man where was this offer when I was buying my phone lol.

I almost bought the first gen iPhone SE for 3.5k used, but it was sold to another party (OLX). Ended up getting LG G8x.

I don't plan to use my mom's iPhone either (7 plus) not because of the camera issue,but for it's lack of headphone jack. Even Fiio Btr are kinda expensive / rare, so can't give up my Blon bl03 just yet
that might be with exchange + card discount

Overpriced devices are getting discount and again gets exchanged with much higher price.

We are talking about a smartphone video recording not a professional video camera so of course the frames and resolution are important. Which was why I asked. See it for yourself.
Professional cam or a smartphone doesn't matter. You are partly right because a lot of smartphones do not give us bit rate options but there are many apps even in IOS which lets you do that. So, the calculation for storage consumed would remain the same. It all boils down to how much bit rate iPhone's default app is using for a particular resolution settings.

With the reviews coming in, it seems from a pure value perspective, the ultra is no match for max. Max itself is pretty fast, and ultra doesn't really double the real world performance.

In any case, with the Indian pricing, Ultra would have been a crazy buy. Max is still decent value. But with GPU prices falling, it might soon be easy to beat with 12th gen i7 and a 3080. And AMD's RDNA2 based APUs also have me excited. Hope that lives up to the promises.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend a studio to individuals in India. You can build very good machines for less.

With the reviews coming in, it seems from a pure value perspective, the ultra is no match for max. Max itself is pretty fast, and ultra doesn't really double the real world performance.

In any case, with the Indian pricing, Ultra would have been a crazy buy. Max is still decent value. But with GPU prices falling, it might soon be easy to beat with 12th gen i7 and a 3080. And AMD's RDNA2 based APUs also have me excited. Hope that lives up to the promises.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend a studio to individuals in India. You can build very good machines for less.
You won’t see perfectly 2x scaled performance in multiple benchmarks and real world workloads. Plus some of the reviewers are either not doing the benchmarks correctly or are using deprecated ones. As for value, that’s debatable and I’ll leave it at that
For a 3090 comparison,

Back