iOS Apple Extended Warranty

I had contacted Apple for my phone and they specifically told me that you cannot take up an Apple Care plan after 60 days of purchase. May be the third party resellers don't mention it, but it will definitely not get applied.

Also, it seems likely that the price will drop quite a bit below 50k during the sale considering Flipkart is displaying a range of 50-55k for the iPhone 12. It is also the reason I am not selling my phone since it is difficult to convince someone to purchase an older phone around the same price.

I think thats for apple care plus. Third parties are still successfully selling apple care within first year warranty period

I think thats for apple care plus. Third parties are still successfully selling apple care within first year warranty period
Thats correct. Applecare plus includes screen damage repair. You can buy apple care (without plus) extended warranty directly by calling apple support from within the apple support app before 365 days. I called them from within the apple support app. They sent me a link and I paid online. The next day my warranty expiration date was pushed by one year. I did this just 3 days before the original one year warranty was supposed to expire.

Thats correct. Applecare plus includes screen damage repair. You can buy apple care (without plus) extended warranty directly by calling apple support from within the apple support app before 365 days. I called them from within the apple support app. They sent me a link and I paid online. The next day my warranty expiration date was pushed by one year. I did this just 3 days before the original one year warranty was supposed to expire.
But apple india website says otherwise as @t3chg33k said within 60 days. When did you got yours

But apple india website says otherwise as @t3chg33k said within 60 days. When did you got yours
Again, there are two selection plans - 1. applecare plus 2. Applecare protection plan. Plus can only be bought within first 60 or maybe 90 days of purchase. Applecare protection plan can be bought within the first 365 days.
The website says 60 days for plus not for applecare protection plan. The price is same, but the plus plan also covers accidental damage. The applecare protection plan non plus version only extends manufacturer warranty for one year. I got this done in Feb this year for my xs.

That's odd because I contacted them through the Apple support app and they redirected me to the Apple support page. The page does mention that certain devices in certain regions are eligible for the AppleCare protection plan within 1 year of purchase and I requested the same but was told that it cannot be purchased after 60 days. May be the support staff did not have the right information.

It can also be purchased from resellers like Maple and they have a serial number check. In my case, the serial number was accepted the first time but later on it kept displaying the error that the plan cannot be purchased.

Probably, it is region dependent and the support staff does not always get it right.

Also, a point to mention is that under the non-plus plan, screen-damage has 2.5k service fee and any other damage has 8.5k service fee in addition to parts. So it is good for only pure-hardware failure which is extremely rare.

Last edited:
That's odd because I contacted them through the Apple support app and they redirected me to the Apple support page. The page does mention that certain devices in certain regions are eligible for the AppleCare protection plan within 1 year of purchase and I requested the same but was told that it cannot be purchased after 60 days. May be the support staff did not have the right information.

It can also be purchased from resellers like Maple and they have a serial number check. In my case, the serial number was accepted the first time but later on it kept displaying the error that the plan cannot be purchased.

Probably, it is region dependent and the support staff does not always get it right.
I got a wonderful person for support. She was very patient. She was the one who explained to me the difference between the two plans. Maple Imagine etc also offer it. The apple support person said i can get it from them as well.
I contacted them through this link now I remember. They called back. Try it out if your device is still in warranty.

How much for the extended warranty?

How much for the extended warranty?
You can check the Servify ones, they list the price for the different models. It is also listed on some e-commerce websites, you might be able to get 10% discount as well.

Last edited:
Download Support app from App Store
In that App you can see your eligible Apple care plan
You can buy plan directly from App via Call or Chat

I cannot see a price. Will call them and see. Thanks @divyesh2129 and @t3chg33k
Let us know how it compares to the online prices.
AppleCare.png

What is this processing fee for?
AppleCare+ in general charges that amount as service fee for accidental damage even though parts are covered.

The AppleCare plans being sold online mention that accidental damage coverage is included with the same processing cost, so it would seem in India the AppleCare plan is same as AppleCare+ which is quite confusing.

Iphone extended warranty price is 4500/- for device ranging from Iphone 6 to iPhone 13 Pro max. It can be extended within the first 1 year warranty.

The prices mentioned in this thread are for damage protection. Also the damage protection plans can only be purchased within 2 months from the date of activation.

Iphone extended warranty price is 4500/- for device ranging from Iphone 6 to iPhone 13 Pro max. It can be extended within the first 1 year warranty.

The prices mentioned in this thread are for damage protection. Also the damage protection plans can only be purchased within 2 months from the date of activation.
Same price is mentioned here. Are this apple certified?

Same price is mentioned here. Are this apple certified?
It is counter-intuitive that AppleCare+ for SE is cheaper than AppleCare. Probably, they don't expect people to purchase AppleCare for SE.

Anyway, you are better off purchasing the 4.5k plan from third-party stores. For example, it is being sold on Croma where they have a 10% cashback, but for 10k+ purchases. You can probably find deals elsewhere as well.

Yes these are apple official prices.
Thanks bro for the help , one last question . safe to buy from that site? Also will that warranty cover Lightning port damages ? Sorry a bit new to the iphone line up.
It is counter-intuitive that AppleCare+ for SE is cheaper than AppleCare. Probably, they don't expect people to purchase AppleCare for SE.

Anyway, you are better off purchasing the 4.5k plan from third-party stores. For example, it is being sold on Croma where they have a 10% cashback, but for 10k+ purchases. You can probably find deals elsewhere as well.
Link ? already have a croma voucher , unable to find it.
EDIT - https://www.croma.com/apple-care-protection-plan-for-iphone/p/174806 (Is this the correct one)?

Back