Apple India - Feedback Thread

Recently bought 15PM and homepod 2 in Australia, but unable to buy ACP during the device purchase time itself as 7 days ACP is complimentary for the devices purchased in australia. So only after completing the complimentary period, One could buy ACP.

Now it's not possible to buy ACP here in India :( After multiple calls, they said I've to visit the physical store in Australia to get ACP. Purchasing ACP T&C seems to change region wise.

Multiple calls and escalations, first they say device is eligible as it is in 60 days, but the system says not eligible and no one knows why. After multiple followup and escalations, finally they told me to visit Australia

Recently bought 15PM and homepod 2 in Australia, but unable to buy ACP during the device purchase time itself as 7 days ACP is complimentary for the devices purchased in australia. So only after completing the complimentary period, One could buy ACP.

Now it's not possible to buy ACP here in India :( After multiple calls, they said I've to visit the physical store in Australia to get ACP. Purchasing ACP T&C seems to change region wise.

Multiple calls and escalations, first they say device is eligible as it is in 60 days, but the system says not eligible and no one knows why. After multiple followup and escalations, finally they told me to visit Australia
Keep invoice as well for warrenty, if device is full dead then invoice is required. Here Australian invoice would be mandatory if device stops booting at all.

So this means we can only purchase ACP from the source country and even 60 days time frame is only valid in source country and not worldwide.

So this means we can only purchase ACP from the source country and even 60 days time frame is only valid in source country and not worldwide.
Not true, a friend has recently bought apple care plus on 15 Pro Max in India for a device bought in the US. That time too we have 2 options:
1. Chat with apple care US support & get the USD invoice for payment of the plan
2. Talk to apple india support over phone & get the INR invoice for payment of the plan

Both options were explored & the final diagnostics + payment was done for option 1 from India over US chat support only as it turned out to be a bit cheaper to pay in USD.

Last edited:
May or may not be, as the T&Cs are different for each region.

For eg, above poster says, he was successful for US bought phones, but thats not case with Australia purchase. My suggestion is, better purchase ACP during device purchase itself if there is a option. For me, i couldn't do that because by the time 7 days complimentary was over, i was back in India :(.

What im surprised was, Apple India phone support was keep saying i should be able to do since its less than 60 days, but not sure why system was not allowing and keep escalating to different people for three days. Finally one support guy directly connected to Australia support internally and told me, as per their policy i need to visit physical store there!

My suggestion is, better purchase ACP during device purchase itself if there is a option. For me, i couldn't do that because by the time 7 days complimentary was over, i was back in India :(.
Well I got 15P from Canada last year and bought ACP from there itself as it was a bit cheaper there. There was no need to go to physical store there as well.

What is the context? Is this response to i was not able to purchase ACP there?
Yes no need to go to physical store in US and Canada. There is some weird logic behind the reason which was given to you by the support guys. It should be similar for Australia as well.

It should be similar for Australia as well.
ha ha :) Australia has different consumer law then US & Canada. Did you also got 7 days complimentary ACP for your canada iphone purchase?

Of-course even in India also, you dont have to go to physical store right? At least thats how i bought ACP for all my devices so far. With that thought process only, i contacted apple phone support for these two devices and both devices were not eligible. And both were purchased in Apple's own store.

I’ve a question.
Can I purchase the device in India and buy Apple care plus in US or UK? Because those countries offer subscriptions along with fixed term AC+. I asked one representative on chat, he said serial numbers are tied to the country and I can’t purchase AC+ from another region. So I purchased AC+ along with my devices. Has anyone tried subscribing to AC+ subscriptions from other countries?

Back