Apple Ipod Touch MP4 Movies transfer issue

SOM1

Disciple
Hi,

I am having an Ipod Touch, latest model i.e 4th Gen (64 GB).

I am able to transfer mp3 files from my PC thru the itunes seamlessly ...

But when it comes to movies[MP4 files], i am not able to !!

I generally download youtube videos and then convert them using using the ipod touch profiles: Daniusoft converter, total converter and Any video converter - none work !!

When i try to add the movies folder to itunes all i see is the welcome screen in the movies tab in itunes :(

Has anyone faced such an issue ??

It has iOS4.

All help will be highly appreciated.

P.S.: I have a first gen ipod touch which works perfectly using the above mentioned converters.

I got a new Ipod Touch 4 G model 2 days back, initially I faced the same problem,but its working fine now. I didnt really change anything, but it started to work.

I use airvideo server app to convert the videos(using the client on ipod) then connect n transfer them.

Even if you're doing it using a third party app try this:

On the main page click on 'manual manage of audio and video'(not the exact words something similar) Then say you want to put videos in ipod; select all the converted videos and then drag n drop them on your ipod in itunes, works like a charm, no need to copy them in library first and then syncing.

were all the above methods tried on iOS4 ??

My ipod is having FW version 4.3.5 ...

None of the above methods work except the "AirVideo", which i have not tried, as i want the videos to be resident.

I am kinda stuck with this bugging issue !!

yes i tried it on ios4 only.

try this 1 last thing then, process little lengthy but will wrk i think, get yourself cyberlink media espresso, awesome software but causes d system to crash :) convert a video n when it is converting ; select " transfer to itunes after conversion". Now you will see that the converted video is present in your video library.(I was telling about media espresso cos i donno if others converters have this option too)

anyways once the file is in library, either you click on 'sync' button in lower right corner OR go to your itunes library and drag the video file to your connected ipod(all in itunes) OR click on your connected ipod icon, you should see the version details and other things on the home screen, look up and click on movies/video tab, from here you can move the files from your video library.

The total video converter that i was using does exactly that : after converting it tries to connect to the itunes and further on ...

So i am still not sure why this exception I am getting !!

Any parallel thoughts ....

If you are transferring videos from iTunes library make sure those videos are 720p and not 1080p. Youtube videos (720p) .mp4 can be added directly to iTunes library and synced. Download videos using this software and it works without converting.

Boss, Don't Worry

Convert your video using hanbreak and try to add those video itunes. If not working then download BUZZ player which is very good app for playing avi and mp4(even 720p) files in ipodtouch 4.

Once download connect your ipod to itunes and go to the application tab, scroll down there you can able to see buzz player application setting.browse and add your files to buzz player.

You can also browse files in your pc using buzz player Lan option

Hope this is solve your problem

Back