Apple M1 5nm chip launched for macbook air and pro 13 inch

You don't need HDMI when you have usb-c/thunderbolt in MacBook which can output display without needing extra cables.

My whole point is why game on crappy laptop when there are better options available unless you are a penny saver or only play games just for the sake of it.
Oh i didn't know that... How will you do it Without cables? Do most tvs, projectors and monitors have usb c input for display or thunderbolt input? Even if they had, which they don't, wouldn't it need the same 1 cable that hdmi needs?

i have a conspiracy theory that intel never improved anything since third gen. its only until su bae started kicking in their nuts they recruited jim keller who finally gave up and resigned due to internal politics at intel. Raja kaduri had more than 2 years to come up with good graphics but xe was dead on arrival and the m1 graphics is stomping on xe’s dead ass.
Intel sitting there as a market leader for years, having that success got over their head as we can see in this case Intel being its own worst enemy.

Arm has beaten x86 and there is no denying this fact, M1 being the lowest end chip is beating highest end flagship chips and this is certainly un-digestible for many traditional mindsets.

Oh i didn't know that... How will you do it Without cables? Do most tvs and monitors have usb c input for display or thunderbolt input?
since you don’t stop being condescending towards everyone here. let me reply in same tone.
have you heard of airplay? or even usb c to hdmi adapter? are you still running windows ME?

since you don’t stop being condescending towards everyone here. let me reply in same tone.
have you heard of airplay? or even usb c to hdmi adapter? are you still running windows ME?
So? How is it better than an hdmi to hdmi? How does that save cables? He said it doesn't need any cables and somehow it ends up needing a cable and an adapter?

Seriously you are going to stream a 4k full 80 mbps to 100 mbps blu-ray via airplay? To a projector?

Also are you protector or spokesperson? Or just apple brothers against the world?

Seriously you are going to stream a 4k full 80 mbps to 100 mbps blu-ray via airplay? To a projector?

Also are you protector or spokesperson? Or just apple brothers against the world?
using a wifi6 router. but then i forgot you still have 100mbps network in your home. also who uses blu-ray player these days? blurays don’t even support dolby vision.
also usb c is faster than hdmi... oh forget it. i should charge for hardware lessons.
i am not apple spokesperson just a guy who is stomping on an arrogant microsoft schill

using a wifi6 router. but then i forgot you still have 100mbps network in your home.
i am not apple spokesperson just a guy who is stomping on an arrogant microsoft schill
I am not talking about the shitty Amazon or Netflix 15-20 mbps bandwidth.

Wow you actually think when you stream via airplay to a projector on your gigabit Lan that's better than an hdmi connection? Have never heard of a guy who went through the pain of setting up a home theater and then wants to airplay blu-ray material instead of using a hard wire connection.

I guess it's good for you. You have your excuses ready in advance when apple removes all ports and you have to be stuck with streaming. It will save you from doing mental gymnastics to defend apple later.

Don't know why you keep calling me the ms guy? I'm not a pro windows person I am just anti apple.

Oh i didn't know that... How will you do it Without cables? Do most tvs, projectors and monitors have usb c input for display or thunderbolt input? Even if they had, which they don't, wouldn't it need the same 1 cable that hdmi needs?
You don't need gazillion slow speed ports that too in a laptop when a single high speed port can do all the jobs. Technically you don't even need an extra cable if you have the right kind of monitor which most pro users do have but certainly not those who jam games with low resolution on a crappy ultrabook.

You don't need gazillion slow speed ports that too in a laptop when a single high speed port can do all the jobs. Technically you don't even need an extra cable if you have the right kind of monitor which most pro users do have but certainly not those who jam games with low resolution on a crappy ultrabook.

Haha yeah regular users aren't allowed to use MacBooks only users who have mac monitors. Only people who use obsolete ports found only in MacBooks can be called pro users. I guess only youtube editors and uploaders are most excited that they will be able to edit world's videos on their MacBooks

Does apple make projectors for you boys too?

Haha yeah regular users aren't allowed to use MacBooks only users who have mac monitors. Only people who use obsolete ports found only in MacBooks can be called pro users. I guess only youtube editors and uploaders are most excited that they will be able to edit world's videos on their MacBooks

Does apple make projectors for you boys too?
You talking as if every Windows laptop has HDMI port? In fact most thin and light ultrabooks don't like the XPS 13 you are touting for.

How will you connect it to a projector then?

You talking as if every Windows laptop has HDMI port? In fact most thin and light ultrabooks don't like the XPS 13 you are touting for.

Simple. Choose one which has hdmi. Options my friend. In non apple world you have options.

of course using 200ft gold plated monster cables.
Intel sitting there as a market leader for years, having that success got over their head as we can see in this case Intel being its own worst enemy.

Arm has beaten x86 and there is no denying this fact, M1 being the lowest end chip is beating highest end flagship chips and this is certainly un-digestible for many traditional mindsets.

Last edited:
Don't change the subject, how will you connect XPS 13 to a projector?
As i said i wont buy it and choose a different laptop. Dell has made a mistake here as you can read in user reviews no one is happy with it

If by chance i am stuck with it i will begrudgingly do what apple boys do and purchase a thunderbolt to hdmi cable. I would never stream pristine content unless that is the only option left

Last edited:
As i said i wont buy it and choose a different laptop. Dell has made a mistake here as you can read in user reviews no one is happy with it

If by chance i am stuck with it i will begrudgingly do what apple boys do and purchase a thunderbolt to hdmi cable. I would never stream pristine content till that is the only option
It's the trend that most companies are following not just Dell/Apple.

In coming years you may not be able to find one with legacy ports like HDMI, just like ethernet port died years ago. Only weirdos use it these days especially in the age of wireless.

In coming years you may not be able to find one with legacy ports like HDMI, just like ethernet port died years ago. Only weirdos use it these days in especially in the age of wireless.
I remember 10-15 years ago when I bought a dell monitor I guess it was u2311h it came with display Port, it was such a pain to make it compatible with most Motherboards. At that time also apple was pushing thunderbolt. Apple users then used to say that soon hdmi will be extinct. Here we are it is still "soon it will be extinct"

anything can happen in future who knows but stop pushing the narrative that all of a sudden hdmi will become obsolete or useless.

nobody uses wireless for high quality setups. Any expert would advice against it.

For a thunderbolt or Xyz port. As I said you can do whatever mental gymnastics you want, the world still uses hdmi and till it doesn't that is the popular method not thunderbolt.

Only weirdos use hdmi now? So 90-99% of the world is weirdos and only you are the non weird one? I guess you need to look up the definition of weird as that is precisely when you are the weird one and not the world

This is where apples strategy to force users into using what they decided for them something doesn't work as there is a world outside apple which they are forced to face. This is why even after 10-15 years it is still a niche and "future" tech

In coming years you may not be able to find one with legacy ports like HDMI, just like ethernet port died years ago. Only weirdos use it these days especially in the age of wireless.
headphone jack. cough cough

I remember 10-15 years ago when I bought a dell monitor I guess it was u2311h it came with display Port, it was such a pain to make it compatible with most Motherboards. At that time also apple was pushing thunderbolt. Apple users then used to say that soon hdmi will be extinct. Here we are it is still "soon it will be extinct"

anything can happen in future who knows but stop pushing the narrative that all of a sudden hdmi will become obsolete or useless.

nobody uses wireless for high quality setups. Any expert would advice against it.

For a thunderbolt or Xyz port. As I said you can do whatever mental gymnastics you want, the world still uses hdmi and till it doesn't that is the popular method not thunderbolt.

Only weirdos use hdmi now? So 90-99% of the world is weirdos and only you are the non weird one? I guess you need to look up the definition of weird as that is precisely when you are the weird one and not the world

This is where apples strategy to force users into using what they decided for them something doesn't work as there is a world outside apple which they are forced to face. This is why even after 10-15 years it is still a niche and "future" tech
I know for a fact that those who care about quality certainly don't use their laptop as an all in one device. They have separates for everything be it gaming pc/console for games, MacBook for professional use and dedicated blu-ray players/streamers for watching movies.

Also I was talking about ethernet port, you still use it or just trying to be a pro user again?

I know for a fact that those who care about quality certainly don't use their laptop as an all in one device. They have separates for everything be it gaming pc/console for games, MacBook for professional use and dedicated blu-ray players/streamers for watching movies.

Also I was talking about ethernet port, you still use it or just trying to be a pro user again?

Well played. Just ignore everything about calling the world weird and start anew. I think you're just pushing your own opinions as facts. Like hdmi is outdated, world is weird, every person who cares about things should have different devices for every task.

I should ask you about the ethernet port . You are the one who is modern and doesn't believe in wires. Do you believe a wifi is better than a Wired ethernet? A usb ssd or wireless ssd is better than onboard ssd?

Are all servers and high end machines running without a lan Port on wifi?

Last edited:
Well played. Just ignore everything about calling the world weird and start anew. I think you're just pushing your own opinions as facts. Like hdmi is outdated, world is weird, every person who cares about things should have different devices for every task.

I should ask you about the ethernet port . You are the one who is modern and doesn't believe in wires. Do you believe a wifi is better than a Wired ethernet? A usb ssd or wireless ssd is better than onboard ssd?

Are all servers and high end machines running without a lan Port on wifi?
Certainly a jack of all trades is never good at anything specific. This is not me but a universal truth.

You mentioning servers using lan port and not wifi proved my point of why we need separates for quality/professional use.

Similarly a MacBook is really good at what purpose it is designed for that is certainly not for playing low res games or using it as media centre for your TV.

DELL XPS 13 2-IN-1 (2020) REVIEW: SPEEDY, SPECTACULAR CONVERTIBLE

The really exciting news is that you can actually play Shadow of the Tomb Raider on this machine at 1080p. The 2-in-1 averaged 36fps on the game’s built-in benchmark (at the lowest-possible settings). That’s just two off from the newest MacBook Air with Apple’s M1 chip (38fps), which has been outperforming 1165G7 systems across the board. Now, you may very well not want to play demanding titles like Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 38fps, but you can play them on this machine without feeling like you’re watching a flipbook. That’s a big accomplishment for these integrated graphics, especially considering that the standard XPS 13 only averaged 22fps on the same benchmark.
The difference is, Apple M1 averages 38fps at full HD while using very high quality preset. So it is a quite big difference, specially if you consider that its GPU is only consuming 7W while doing so.

Back