Apple Maps service loses Train stations, Creates new airport, and shrinks tower

Apple is facing its first significant failure in years with anger over the mapping service introduced this week for iPhone users. Within minutes of the launch of the iOS6 operating system, which comes preloaded with Apple Maps, users were reporting that London had been relocated to Ontario, Paddington station has vanished, the Sears Tower in Chicago had shrunk, and Helsinki railway station had been turned into a park.

Dublin, meanwhile, has been gifted a previously undiscovered airport. The Republic's justice minister, Alan Shatter, in whose constituency the imaginary airport has been located, has already made arrangements for Apple to be informed of the error.
Airfield, a 35-acre greenfield site with working farm, formal gardens and cafe, has been designated as an airport by the Apple database, which has labelled it with the aeroplane icon it uses for genuine aircraft landing spots.
In a statement Shatter said: "Clearly the designation is not only wrong but is dangerously misleading in that it could result in a pilot, unfamiliar with the area, in an emergency situation and without other available information, attempting a landing.

Those searching for the Sears Tower in Chicago are shown a satellite image of a neighbouring, much smaller tower. The area covered by tracks and platforms at Helsinki railway station has been mistakenly coloured green, to resemble a park.
Search for London, and the first location that appears is not London, England, but London in Ontario, Canada. Users who requested Paddington station were shown Paddington Street in London. Although later searches showed the fault had been fixed, initially the mapping service was unable to plant a pin on one of London's main railway stations. Tokyo station, one of the world's largest train terminuses, has also disappeared.
British users reported whole towns missing or relocated. Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon, was nowhere to be found while the Welsh town of Pontypridd had been transplanted six miles north-west and placed where Tonypandy should be. Eccentric spellings have also appeared, such as Duncaster for Doncaster, while Ukrainians were surprised to find their capital city has been renamed Kylv.

Apple has so far refused to comment. "

Source

Fresh ammunition for Google / Samsung ?
Hope to see some new ads from rivals abt this goof up soon .. :)

I also read that google has submitted its Google Maps for iOS to Apple. Hope that is passed so iOS users can get Google maps app.
Apple has this inflated ego because of which they released a half baked maps app and they did not even label as BETA.

I also read that google has submitted its Google Maps for iOS to Apple. Hope that is passed so iOS users can get Google maps app.
Apple has this inflated ego because of which they released a half baked maps app and they did not even label as BETA.

It's only expected around Christmas.

uploadfromtaptalk1348205161435.jpg

^
No, that was because we were all ****tards and we didnt know how to hold our phone. We had been, apparently, holding our mobile phones wrong for the past two decades. And we never found out. Because they all worked.

ahem, Welcome to the mess of Apple.

Do they plan to give away free paper map books for this mess up (Like that provided bumpers for singnal reception issue)

:p

This is precisely the kind of response Apple should expect when you make a big arse presentation about the new revamped exotic features and screw up later. I bet they'd never learn.

It was Siri last year and the app. was giving some useless responses and got highlighted big time. This year it is the maps. :p

Then you are out of luck. You cannot really do much from what my knowledge says. There might be ways but 99% there is very little hope.

Haha yea even I knew that. Just wondering if there is any other hole I can slip in and get this done. Hehe. Hope Apple approves GoogleMaps. :|

Back