iOS apple min Rs7000 off offer on iphone 4..good deal???

Expecting replies like...

it is 2+ year old phone
has single core processor
India is a dumping market for apple
you get get an awesome big screen android for that price

Personal opinion is that iPhone 4 is still a very capable phone and runs the latest iOS (without few things apple decided not to give), would still play all your favorite games and apps without lag. And yes it might most probably get the next iOS version (with some features trimmed).

I would still pay a little more and go with the 4S if the priority is getting an Apple device. The only thing that keeps me away from the 4 is now the fact that it's the oldest product in Apple's lineup and with the upcoming iOS 7, i expect no significant additions to supporting the 4 for advanced features etc.

So all things considered, i would stay away from the 4 only because of the age of the product and it's lifecycle. Else as you said, it's a more than capable everyday power phone. If you can live without a few of the cutting edge features and the processor speed etc on iOS 6 it's fine.

Else the 4S would be my pick personally (the above disclaimer on 4 vs 4S considered). If of course you do not have ecosystem limitations or are an "either or" mode with Android as a possibility too.. then of course there are much more capable devices available and marginally higher prices and with a hunch that there will be one further round of price drops on the SIII and accompanying droids with the G brigade.

Back