Apple Sues Polish Online Grocery Store Over A.PL Domain Name

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
The new target of Apple's lawsuits is a Polish online grocery store which holds A.pl domain .

aplz.jpg

According to Polish website Telepolis , Apple has demanded Polish patent office to cancel the trademark belonging to A.PL over its domain name which creates confusion .

The top level country code domain for Poland is .pl and the first letter of Polish is also A , so A.pl has nothing to do with Apple and there is no Apple like imagery on the website , still apple has sued it over the domain name .

A meeting reportedly took place in August 29, but ended up being adjourned, and deferred to a later date. Polish site Telepolis, has said that if the dispute isn't settled out of court, it could take two to three years to resolve.

Source

Apple has gone nuts, I think they have started a new suing division that's why they are coming with such lawsuits.
One can understand the Samsung lawsuit, they were competition but now a grocery store, WTF, so will grocery store name itself a comput.er?
I guess tomorrow Apple Inc will sue everyone on earth for using their company name for a fruit and say they are 'right' since nowadays Apple is more associated with their company.
Really, now they crossing a line. I hope the HTC and future Samsung suits go against Apple.

Just yesterday I ate Apple & Today Pineapple ... god! save me from Apple they may sue me to eat them twice in 24hrs :p

Wondering how Apple allow to call "Apple" as Apple & "Pineapple" as Pineapple. They might be preparing to file a law suit to change name of these 2 Fruits :p

Apple going the Oracle way ... Either win or sue their arses off!
I guess they would probably be hiring more lawyers than engineers these days.

Back