Application To Extract Audio

Revolution

Skilled
Hi,
I'm LF a converter.
I want to extract audio from MP4,FLV etc files.
Please suggest me a good one.
Which audio format produce good quality sound ?
Thanks!

you should be more specific when you ask questions. what is your intended use of the extracted audio?
all lossless audio formats produce the best possible sound. if you convert lossy sound in mp4, flv files to lossless format like flac or wave, the sound wont get better, only the file size will become bigger.

if all you want to do is to listen to the audio, keep it in original format as it was in the video. meaning, dont do any other work on it after extracting it.

i dont know any one application to extract audio out of numerous formats.

My friend got some videos from utube which are either mp4 or flv.
I don't have much space in my HDD.
So,I just want the audio from those video.
I will play at my PC only.
If the info enough please suggest.
Thanks!

Simply convert the videos to audio in any video converter and that will do the trick :head2:

or if there is a specific sound u want to extract then I think Virtual DJ will be helpful :)

though I my self was never able to use it :p but it works great ;)

I will pay on my PC only.

No problem as long as the payment is being made to me :evilgrin39:

Try any converter like Super Converter and extract the audio stream by selecting mp3, wma, flac etc., as the output container.

Now Pay Up :fighting02:

Code:
 ffmpeg -i <filename>  <audio_file>.extension

That should do. No need for fancy tool :p

-i - Input ,

You can add extra switches like audio bit rate ( -ar 256k) and channels (-ac 5 or 2).

Thanks u guys for ur suggestions.
Now.I'm confused which should I use.:unsure:

Code:
 ffmpeg -i <filename>  <audio_file>.extension

That should do. No need for fancy tool :p

-i - Input ,

You can add extra switches like audio bit rate ( -ar 256k) and channels (-ac 5 or 2).

Without any software ?
Please tell me in detail.
Could not get that.:ashamed:

It is available for windows as well.

All you need is to install and give the shell command. For exmple you have Movie.mkv file from which you want to get the audio.

All you need to do is issue this command

Code:
ffmpeg -i Movie.mkv  -ar 320k -ac 2 movie.mp3

That will give you a movie.mp3 file with the audio from the video image.

If you want a simple application for extracting from avi, mp4, flv with the exception of mkv, you could try virtualdub. If you need for any format/file, then look no further than SUPER from eRightsoft. Both apps are free.

hi

Hi,
I'm LF a converter.
I want to extract audio from MP4,FLV etc files.
Please suggest me a good one.
Which audio format produce good quality sound ?
Thanks!

I think these two links will prove useful. One contains the software and the other one gives a detailed info.
Free Audio Extractor,Extract audio from video,Convert AVI to MP3, WMV to MP3, MPEG to WAV AC3, Sound Recorder, Change Voice, Karaoke ; How to extract the sound from videos in FLV or MP4 formats, such as videos downloaded from YouTube or other video sharing sites | freewaregenius.com

Back