PC Peripherals Appropriate PSU for this config.

HECTOR

Disciple
Oct 9, 2007
Hey guys, I have the below mentioned config but stiil undecided on which PSU to buy for this config.My Budget is around 5K.So any suggestions???

Config:
1. ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Mobo.
2. AMD 555 BE Processor.
3. 4GB Corsair DDR3 RAM.
4. Two 1TB HDDs.
5. HD 4890 Graphic Card.(Planning to install crossfire in future by buying another one)
6. DVD Writer.

So guys.......................help one of your poor brothers to complete his semi dream machine.Bhagwaan tumhara bhala kare in advance!!!!!:)

HECTOR

Disciple
Oct 9, 2007
asingh said:
Just because of the Xfire. A TX650 is minimal. It will not fit in 5K though.
thnx for the quick reply sir. if I take the Xfire out of the way then what will you say??

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
VX550 is nice. ~RS 4500. Also the Seasonic Bronze series are there. Which would save you around 700 bucks. But are less efficient.

shravank30

Adept
Aug 29, 2009
asingh said:
VX550 is nice. ~RS 4500. Also the Seasonic Bronze series are there. Which would save you around 700 bucks. But are less efficient.

Seasonic Bronze are 85%+ efficient whereas Corsair are only 80%+ efficient

HECTOR

Disciple
Oct 9, 2007
shravank30 said:
Seasonic Bronze are 85%+ efficient whereas Corsair are only 80%+ efficient
I have also thought about seasonic Bronze but one of my friends has a bitter taste of this product and I am a bit nervous about choosing this one over Corsair (which are unrealistically costlier) and need expert advice on this one. do u think the seasonic one will serve my purpose and will also last long giving good performance???:huh:

Spectre

Skilled
Jun 5, 2007
All Corsair PSU's are made by either Seasonic or CWT
VX series are made by Seasonic afaik, so you can chose whichever is cheaper
But, i dont know how good is Seasonic warranty in India, you got to consider that or atleast check on it, before buying

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Spectre said:
All Corsair PSU's are made by Seasonic and CWT

Correction! The newer AX1200 design comes as a courtesy of Flextronics. :)

Spectre said:
But, i dont know how good is Seasonic warranty in India, you got to consider that or atleast check on it, before buying

Seasonic warranty is pretty good - it is handled by Tirupati Enterprises and I have had an instance when they helped me in getting a replacement for a DOA M12D850W unit.

HECTOR

Disciple
Oct 9, 2007
Spectre said:
All Corsair PSU's are made by either Seasonic or CWT

VX series are made by Seasonic afaik, so you can chose whichever is cheaper

thnx man for that info. I didn't know that.And also thanx to Dececrator now I know that warranty is handled by Tirupati.By the way what about Glacial Tech.Any info on them????

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

JayMathers said:
Say, If you drop the Crossfire then Cooler Master Silent Pro M500 is the best bang for the buck with Modular cables.

Bang For Your Buck: Four 500 W Power Supplies Reviewed : Less Can Be More

Price range from 5300-6000 Depending on Local Taxes.

Gd link buddy.Thnx. will check it out.

varunversion1

Disciple
Jun 19, 2010
Bangalore
GX 650 powered ur rig with the i7@ 4.5 and 2 gfx cards ??? i have the same one and was wondering weather it would support vapor-x 5850s in xfire... u think it can handle that +955 be at 4Ghz ??