Video Are LG LCDs any good.

agupta02

Disciple
I am planning to buy a 42' - 47' LCD for my living room which I also intend to use for gaming once in a while. Are LG LCDs any good?

I never seen that complaint against the LG lcds.
Also it can usable for playing game.
Have continue to play with your LCD and enjoy the colors.

john1123 said:
I never seen that complaint against the LG lcds.
Also it can usable for playing game.
Have continue to play with your LCD and enjoy the colors.

what is your budget?
what is your normal usage - like mostly SD content, HD content, gaming (occasional) etc?

In a budget I would suggest the LG Jazz (not the Jazz theater - which has the same features as the older model and is slightly more expensive). The LG LH 90 is good but suffers from certain firmware problems (plaguing some fixed batches so no point taking a risk).

BTW if power problem (cost) is not a problem I would suggest Panasonic G10 - great for SD/HD content/gaming etc.

Coming back LG is good value for money - you get what you pay and a lil more (of the lot LG jazz is recommended for a 42 incher)

Hey, LG is underrated in LCD TV/Monitor categories. I have the LG Jazz and i compared its tech specs with similarly priced models of other good brands. LG beats all of them hands down. I have also checked its video quality in HDMI mode and its gorgeous. Also, the Jazz, especially has very strong speakers, much stronger than similar models. Don't let the "500watt pmpo" of Jazz fool you. Its normal sound and bass quality is deep and clear. +1 to LG, although samsung and sony are equally good.

Using the LG JAZZ 42" since quite a long time now no issues at all and its working perfectly fine and the audio video all perfect infact the audio quailty is better then many lcds which i have seen at my friends place so the JAZZ was totally VFM !

I bought LG 42 LF20FR which is basic HD 1080panel, 5 ms response time, no double refresh , bluetooth, usb connectivity, PIP, etc. It's pic quality thro my nVidia 6200 graphics card=> DVI to HDMI to this LCD is very impressive. PQ is nothing less than samsung, pamasonic counterparts with 100hz, 120hz 0r 240hz too. I don't understand what refresh rate is going to improve picture quality when response time is the only factor affecting PQ in fast movement. Since it is very basic model it comes cheap, I got it for 47K/

Thanks guys for all the informative answers. I am actually thinking of LG because I have a friend who can get me a 25% disc. on the dealer price so its purely an economic situation. Judging by the responses, I think LG would not be a bad choice.

One thing I am really surprised by is the price difference between a 42' and a 47' television, almost a 20% price hike for 5' screen space. Think will stick with a 42' screen only.

I bought LG LH60(Jazz Theatre) a month back and it's awesome. The picture clarity, contrast ratio and response time is the best among the competition. And the 5.1ch sound on the Jazz Theatre is just terrific! No need of home theatre when you have a Jazz Theatre :)

I want to buy LG 32LH60YR..can any one tel me where to find the best deal.. as off now i m getting a deal of Rs 36,500 widout any freeees... is it gud or should i look for more bargain????

@ Saurabh Sarin, stop posting the same question in multiple threads. As far as your question goes, LG is widely considered as one of the worst LCD TV's when it comes to image quality. If you want to buy a LCD, purely for its USB playback, then buy this model.

If you want the same USB playback with an awesome FHD display and a much cheaper rate, buy the Philips 32PFL 5609. Check out this thread http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/suggest-32-lcd-tv-around-35k-156435.htmland the general reviews in the net about this model. I got mine for 32.5k.

neoronin said:
@ Saurabh Sarin, stop posting the same question in multiple threads. As far as your question goes, LG is widely considered as one of the worst LCD TV's when it comes to image quality. If you want to buy a LCD, purely for its USB playback, then buy this model.

If you want the same USB playback with an awesome FHD display and a much cheaper rate, buy the Philips 32PFL 5609. Check out this thread http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/suggest-32-lcd-tv-around-35k-156435.htmland the general reviews in the net about this model. I got mine for 32.5k.

Eh? The LH90 series are one of the best, they have very good PQ.

TechHead said:
Eh? The LH90 series are one of the best, they have very good PQ.

PQ of any LCD is a very subjective opinion. I have seen the LH90 series and I was not impressed by it. If you do stand alone judgement of the series, it sure does look good. But at the same time when you compare this model to either the Philips or the Sony V & W series, and place it right next to them and judge them [Which I did] it doesn't hold a candle to them.

@neronin
Can you describe the breakdown of you viewing on the Phillips in terms of %'s,

SD -- % ?
HD -- % ?
Other -- % etc

Back