Video Are LG LCDs any good.

blr_p said:
@neronin
Can you describe the breakdown of you viewing on the Phillips in terms of %'s,

SD -- % ?
HD -- % ?
Other -- % etc

Me viewing is far different from how it is used in my house.

This is mine

SD -- 10%
HD -- 60%
DVD -- 20%
PS2 --10%

As can be seen only 10% of his viewing is SD, so in this case the phillips is worth it for him as HD viewing is in the majority.

^^^ our point exactly.....philips is not good if sd 50--70%!

tata sky really looks good on lgs especially with a component.

@neoronin even we have compared lcds keeping them next to each other , so totally depends on whats ur priorty sd or hd? in india its usually 70% cable so if one is looking for an economical lcd lg is definitely a good buy!

fastraj said:
so totally depends on whats ur priorty sd or hd? in india its usually 70% cable so if one is looking for an economical lcd lg is definitely a good buy!

What about the future ?

Let's pick a figure out of the air, say 10 years.

If there will be no cable HD within 10 years is it still a good buy ?

Maybe

Otherwise ?

I'm assuming thats how long a tv ought to last if not longer.

Since Saurabh Sarin has come to a tech forum for clearing his doubts on buying a LCD TV, I presumed that he would definitely watch some manner of FHD or HD. Also I don't agree with SD looking like shit in Philips. The local cable looks horrible, would accept that, but Airtel Digital TV & TATA Sky looks are decent enough.

Also @ blr_p has a valid point. Think about the longevity and what use you would put the product to before buying.

neoronin said:
The local cable looks horrible, would accept that, but Airtel Digital TV & TATA Sky looks are decent enough.
Maybe they only got local guy as many times they can be very competitive in price.

btw i compared the the philips and lg at croma and they had tata sky. Guys i do understand the longevity of a product but 10 yrs down the line who knows....also at full hd only an expert can make out any differences.

for ur information i had gone to croma to buy the philips5609 because of good reviews but ended up buying the lg ....again PQ can be subjective ,buy only what u feel looks good.

I was in market for 32 inch LCD for last week and I think the LGs are really crap as far as grayscale and sharpness is concerned. Panasonic 30000 dcr was much better than 50/60000 dcr of LG. It seems LG has over hyped the specifications and they carry good margins as shopkeepers push you towards LG.

For 32 Inch following are three best models.

Panasonic S10, Full HD, SD card plays Music, Movies, Pictures upto 32GB Support

Samsung 530, Full HD, USB drive plays MP3 and Pictures only.

Philips 5609, Full HD, USB drive plays Music, Movies and Pictures.

All there three are available around 33/34k

Back