Are noise cancelling headphones really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_lord

Recruit
Hi people

I was searching for decent Bluetooth headphones and stumbled across many. Some were active noise cancelling over ear type and some were on ear regular headphones.
I finally decided to buy the on ear JBL 510bt headphones. What my friends and people on reddit suggested was to look for active noise cancelling headphones but they are expensive and I didnt feel like putting that much money for headphones as they are going to get abused in the gym as that is my primary use of headphone.

For people using the active noise cancelling ones, is it really worth the price?

You really need to look at your use case. Do you spend a lot of time traveling in flights, trains or buses or want to use it any noisy environment ? If not then just go with normal noise isolation.
Also remember ANC will not fully mitigate all kinds of noise and if you do go looking for one with ANC, it is always better to spend some money and get the good ones as the cheap ones are not really worth it.

Noise cancellation in any good buds and headphones works like magic and reduces a lot of travel fatigue. While travelling, you will be able to enjoy your content and music even with the loud engine noise. You can also sleep or just relax in a noisy place. Very helpful while travelling. It works a lot better against constant noise source such as from a engine. It also reduces very loud noises such as ear-shattering music from DJ. But, it is most useful if you travel a lot or your gym is like a disco. If you just want to listen at home or office then ANC is not much useful.

It helps a lot for me, especially when I have to take calls in crowded or noisy areas. Also, make sure you buy one that has transaparency mode. This is a must have if you have to walk outside while wearing headset. It also helps relieve pressure build up in ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back