Are Videocon A/Cs bad ?

viva1986

Disciple
recently i purchased videocon split AC after that everyone is telling that videocon is worst. Do anyone can give me the review of it. I try searching on net but there are not so much responses.:huh:

Re: Help me in matter of A C!

This is the model no. of that AC "Videocon VAS55.CVE1-CR". I think its new thats why i am unable to get review of this. BTW How is the overall service of VIDEOCON.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

is there anybody having experience with videocon?

If it is cooling right,just dont bother yourself with brand value.

I have two samsung ACs running fine for last 3 years.Everyone suggested Hitachi,but I bought two of the cheapest model available at that time(and saved more than 12k).Just clean them myself..and they are doing pretty good.

OP,

what a point here as you already bought the product. Now use it & will come to know how it is :)

PS: As per my friend, who have 3 videocon units, it's not comfortable for temperature higher than 42c, don't know about latest videocon models.

^^ Yeah ....it's review doesn't matter since u have already bought it :p

I have one videocon(Window) AC which i got installed last year......working pretty well for me :)....

I suppose videocon AC's are the cheapest among all and probably that's why many consumer's are attracted towards them...anyways the AC's work fine but the after sales service is crap :mad:

I also bought because it is cheapest and also have five stars. today it got installed lets see!

actually my father is giving me fever about this according to him i wasted the money in this, thats why i am asking.

These acs are not the problem. The brand name is.
Their tvs had problem of inferior quality picture tube which reduced their overall life.
And there comes a phase when all people buy the same brand. In that phase many bought videocon and they all repent about later because all had some niggles cropping up regularly.
I am using national ac from the year 2000 and it never had a problem.
So people put their experience like this.
No problems =good product.
I hope you get my point.

M@crosoft said:
but the after sales service is crap :mad:

yes, last year my friend told me that Videocon service center guy ask Rs.1500/- for new remote & just refuse to give ANY warranty - not even 1 hour warranty so my friend can check the remote at home with A/C :(

Add Onida in the list. Installed onida A/C 8 months before. After 4months of usage the blower speed slowed down tremendously to the point the motor cant self start. None of the ASS numbers are working. Somehow got the guy who installed the A/C from Onida and that guy is asking rs 1500 to fix a new capacitor. Full of crap and no customer service. I got this A/C as a stop gap arrangement but I doubt it wont even last 2 season. The only reason I got this was the cheapest 5 star 1.5T A/C for 24K

thats the main reason i chose videocon but anyway its cooling is good. Try new panasonic cube its goodlooking AC. i am thinking of purchasing it for my other rooms.

I realised that these 5 star units have smaller compressors. They are making up for it by using larger heat exchangers. I bought a Hitachi 5 star window A/c. It has a tiny 1600W compressor against 1850W normal ones. I have just crossed my fingers since I feel that they may not be rugged enough.

Back