Are you getting addicted to any song(s)

So i don't listen to non-english music much (at all) but there are some gems which i will never forget. Of course the classics like Kishore/Rafi are awesome when chilling with friends etc. but they take a very special kind of mood to listen to. This one though (the original) you can listen to at any time and the mood will come to you!

Yeah, Luke was fantastic..Luke's mom ( originally from Italy) used to live in kolkata. Luke is a pretty good mixing / mastering engineer ( self taught), remember the movie Bombay Boys?
Oh right, he was calcutta based i remember reading ages ago. Also something like he doesn't have any indian blood or something (not an anglo-indian).

I swear i can't remember bombay boys, i mean it's unlikely i missed it given how many movies i've watched but this is weird.

Seriously don't know about brooks but Torn is in my favourites list.
Natalie still looks very young , same is the case with Enrique don't know what kind of nutrition or exercise regime they follow.
Speaking about Nat, when i was very young, maybe 10-12 i've seen a few episodes of neighbours on star world i think, but never saw or recognised her. Of course back then indian tv had no sense or order in their programming. they even ruined x-files i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torn is a beautiful song...with a very simple but powerful video. I am not very fond of music videos, but some videos are really powerful and elevate the music to another level.
Yes, Luke's father is possibly Irish or Brit ( but born in India) Actually I still have contact ( very infrequent) with him. We met years ago in a college fest ( possibly St Xavier's) he was one of the judges. Vishal was there too with his formidable band, so was Parikrama.
There was no mobile phone at that time. We exchanged landline numbers!! ( And never called)
Luke got admitted in the same hospital I was working ( possibly in 2012/13) with food poisoning, smoking was prohibited inside hospital, I smuggled a pack for him...crazy times..memories...

Last edited:
Torn is a beautiful song...with a very simple but powerful video. I am not very fond of music videos, but some videos are really powerful and elevate the music to another level.
Hehe, remember when we were discussing sixpence? Well here's more craziness for you (in case you didn't already know).

Yes, Luke's father is possibly Irish or Brit ( but born in India) Actually I still have contact ( very infrequent) with him. We met years ago in a college fest ( possibly St Xavier's) he was one of the judges. Vishal was there too with his formidable band, so was Parikrama.
There was no mobile phone at that time. We exchanged landline numbers!! ( And never called)
Luke got admitted in the same hospital I was working ( possibly in 2012/13) with food poisoning, smoking was prohibited inside hospital, I smuggled a pack for him...crazy times..memories...
I never would have imagined you knew Luke personally! If you get a chance tell him I said he was the best vj ever! Lol

How long did you live in Bombay? For all you know we may have even crossed paths sometime! It's a really small world.

Edit: Oh wait did you mean St Xavier's Calcutta? First thing that popped into my head was the Bombay one...

I met Luke twice, both in kolkata..he got admitted in Apollo Gleneagles ( by that time he was famous..that movie..Rock on or rock out or something similar)
Sure will do that!! Will definitely call him before Christmas..
Yes, I do know a few musicians from India, some are pretty famous ( Vishal Dadlani, Randolph..) a lot from kolkata..
I've been to Bombay only twice..but yes, it's a really small world.
If I ever go to India again will definitely try to meet some TE members..

Every time i hear o sanam, the next tune that starts buzzing in my head is this one because it was part of my hindi song playlist which was like 5 songs lol. Mohit chauhan is a really good tunemeister. I also like his much newer track tum se hi even though it's a bit bollywood-ish.

@red dragon please don't tell me you know palash sen of euphoria as well. Btw, just learned he's a doctor too! Physician i think.

Unfortunately yes, I do know him very well!! Why you like Polly's music? I know his entire family to be honest ( Shalini his wife and 2 kids..both have grown up now, Polly is lot older than me though) He lives in Delhi ( my second home in India)
Actually my father was a founding member of one the oldest band in Kolkata (possibly India too) As they couldn't find a proper record deal, they invested everything in production. The that record was a massive failure.
And within few years they broke up ( my father was bitter about music industry for his entire life..they were thrown out of all India radio too!!)
Now after almost 2 decades that record resurfaced and lot of people bought it!! Specially the budding rock band members, they started calling up Baba, started showing up at our house..then I came across a lot of these people...even played live with few of them in smaller venues.
Now, I've shared a LOT of real personal information. The band is very easy to identify.

These songs are uploaded by official artist's channel and are remastered versions, or may be youtube is using some different compression technique this time.
see this one - another wonderful song in very good quality not even 4k but good quality audio.
I know I'm skewing the discussion, but Vevo uploads have some of the worst sound quality on YT. I dunno wtf Sony think they're doing, but it's just such godawful bs.
The 4k remaster and reupload might just have had proper audio uploaded too, I dunno.

you can right click the video, select stats for nerds, and see the codec in use, listed on the 4th/5th line down. It's usually opus 251k.

Unfortunately yes, I do know him very well!!

Haha, show-off! :p

Yes, you had mentioned before about how you kinda got into music because of your father's band etc.

You know i was thinking, considering what you've gone through in life and the choices (good and bad) you've made, if you weren't a doctor you might have been a rocker, up there with the craziest and wildest of them!

I know I'm skewing the discussion, but Vevo uploads have some of the worst sound quality on YT. I dunno wtf Sony think they're doing, but it's just such godawful bs.
The 4k remaster and reupload might just have had proper audio uploaded too, I dunno.

you can right click the video, select stats for nerds, and see the codec in use, listed on the 4th/5th line down. It's usually opus 251k.
I've felt that some of these remasters/HQ videos on YT sound kinda funny, not sure exactly what, I'm not very good at audio analysis, maybe there's too much compressor? Maybe @red dragon has a better idea?

Why you like Polly's music?
So because I'm not into very heavy music (the only opeth i listen to is their mellow stuff like damnation lol) i didn't listen to much of the Indian ones like Pentagram either, but in my late teens i listened to quite a lot of Euphoria.

Hey has anyone heard of this small Indian band called Zero?

Every time i hear o sanam, the next tune that starts buzzing in my head is this one because it was part of my hindi song playlist which was like 5 songs lol. Mohit chauhan is a really good tunemeister. I also like his much newer track tum se hi even though it's a bit bollywood-ish.
Wow, got busy with a call or I was about to post the same song after O sanam.
always waiting for Vj Nikhil @ mtv select 4:00 pm for this song.
here are a couple more from the 2nd album pehchaan

& this one's from some movie -

Not really ( showing off) they wanted to speak to my father ( who quit Mohiner Ghoraguli in 1978, and never went back, but was the founding member and the main guitar player..that was a weird band, almost everyone used to play multiple instruments..he was really bitter when it came to music later on)
Sorry, know nothing about Opus codec, except it's being relatively new and open source
Zero was not really a small band...they were featured in some pretty big fests in India.
Warren is a fantastic guitarist!! AFAIK he was involved with IK Multimedia in creation of Modo bass a fantastic bass vsti!!

Last edited:
Can't resist throwing this one on the decks any time at all. Love the 80's and 90's! Freddie was such a powerful soul.

How many acts could fill a stadium like they could back in the day?

This guitar loop has been stuck in my head for a week now

Although i don't really enjoy MF DOOM's style sometimes there are one or two songs of his i love, the beats and samples he uses are really amazing.

Sample was taken from here and who knows how he found that and said,"Ye that would work"

Back