Are you getting addicted to any song(s)

I wasn't the biggest cranberries fan in the world or anything, did really love their songs though, but for some reason i feel extremely sad whenever i think of Dolores. Like a huge sense of personal loss. It makes no sense, and i don't feel like that about anyone else. Felt a little sad about Avicii for example, like it was a real shame, but nothing compared to Dolores. I guess their music did have a very deep impact on me, which i don't really realise. Zombie's lyrics keep resonating on and off, literally, "in my head". This world, wars, waste...

I wasn't the biggest cranberries fan in the world or anything, did really love their songs though, but for some reason i feel extremely sad whenever i think of Dolores. Like a huge sense of personal loss. It makes no sense, and i don't feel like that about anyone else. Felt a little sad about Avicii for example, like it was a real shame, but nothing compared to Dolores. I guess their music did have a very deep impact on me, which i don't really realise. Zombie's lyrics keep resonating on and off, literally, "in my head". This world, wars, waste...
Most of Cranberries music was so beautiful...simple but beautiful...give another listen to Ode to my family...Bet you will cry inside..

I will happily die if he could come back. There's a weird saying in narcotics anonymous..."God loves the addicts more" ( possibly came from the prodigal son thing in Bible)
It's possibly bullshit, but the brightest people I know are/ were drug addicts.

Last edited:
Creativity, artistic brilliance and "gifted" skills and the neurological association with hallucinogens, opioids etc is a complex but a known field in medical science and research.

Eccentric brilliance always seemed to find substance abuse mediums as channels or enablers for their creativity.

True, but every year they find out some genetic link to addiction, only to debunk it next year.
As a former opiate addict can confirm one thing, it initially helps, but eventually messes up EVERYTHING.
Death seems a lot easier option then to live.
I've not touched that shit in 16 years, but everytime something crazy happens, there's is that temptation.
I've heard people say in NA meetings that they don't feel the urge to use only after 5/6 years, but I still feel it occassionally after so many years. And it scares the shit out of me. Not really a cautious person ( possibly reckless considering the age and all...) and not really scared of many things but relapse is the biggest fear I still have.
It's so deep rooted that I don't even drink a drop of alcohol ( drinking was never a problem) except occassional glass of wine.
Not scared of health issues ( chain smoker) but the emotional bankruptcy..the selfishness that comes with addiction.

Back