All OS Are you using any cable management box? If yes please suggest

raksrules

Elite
My work desk at home has a power strip with 6 outlets and all have them have something plugged into them all the time. Basically, the corner is a mess with entangled wires all around. I want to get one of those cable management boxes which can house the power strip, laptop adapter and all wires and such so it is all inside a box. Amazon and flipkart have some options but want to know from people here if you have used one or may be even created a DIY box and can pitch in with their link of products or pictures.

Not sure of box. However i use a Ikea Signum which is binded to desk underneath with screws. Been using from 1.5 years holds well. Most of the weight it can take throwing all at it pretty solid i can say.

Signum IKEA

Attachments

• 415612B4-AC8D-41C1-88C7-B3C71BA90559.jpeg
    415612B4-AC8D-41C1-88C7-B3C71BA90559.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 162
+1
I use signum as well, which is holding quite well for 2 years now.
In addition, I use a Romma cable management box which houses a Koppla 8 way spike + my ROG's 120W power brick + a couple of power adapters.

Not sure of box. However i use a Ikea Signum which is binded to desk underneath with screws. Been using from 1.5 years holds well. Most of the weight it can take throwing all at it pretty solid i can say.

Signum IKEA
Ikea Signum is a good one.

Unfortunately, Ikea doesn't deliver to NCR. Amazon sellers sell it for 1600+.

Ikea Signum is a good one.

Unfortunately, Ikea doesn't deliver to NCR. Amazon sellers sell it for 1600+.

Ikea does deliver to Mumbai but at 700 + 200 Minimum shipping charge, it will be pretty costly as there are 500 Rupees ones on amazon. Also the power string that I have is long (40 cms) so I am guessing no box will be able to fit it.

Can you share Amazon links please?
Just search for "cable management box" and first 10-12 things are what I find.
Seems this is the only one which may work for me..

The MX power string with 6 ports and individual switches that I have is almost 40 Cms and this bigger one can only work for me it seems.

Ok so after opening this thread and checking the various options, I decided to use an unused printer box (the printer is long gone) and make something crude which would work for me and result is as attached in screenshots.
:D

My temporary box till the time I buy a proper box or something like Ikea Signum.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 126
I have a couple of the Ikea Signum's, there's not much room for a power strip. One of mine broke when I tried to force one in. They're good for power adapters and cable slack through.

After a brief period with a cable management box: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07P5S8KCN/ (I got it for 400, it's 500 now) I've now moved cable management to behind my monitor. it's far more easier to access this way and you have your monitor stand to hide any cables.

Back