Ares Connection Problem

The Ares Galaxy network has quickly become a favorite among those looking for a quick MP3. Ares Galaxy has many advantages to its name; resourceful pool of files, few corrupt or false files and no forced adware/spyware.

However, the last few months have proved challenging to the Ares Galaxy network. Because of various problems with other segments of the network, connecting to this community has become difficult. The developer of Ares, Alberto Treves, has been releasing new versions on a near weekly basis to repair the ailing network.

Those keeping up with the updates have relatively little in the way of connecting to the Ares network. However, those still utilizing older versions of the software have been frustrated with the inability to connect. While Slyck tries to avoid duplicating stories, with the sheer inundation of emails and “Guide Updates†it has become apparent this situation continues to plague a tremendous amount of individuals.

In an effort to address all these concerns, we urge those having difficulty to update the Ares software. This simple act of upgrading the Ares software should rectify any problems.
Source

are you sure ares is a 'no forced spyware/adware', cuz during installation...i unchecked on all 3 (viz, navhelper, savenow n one more) and only installed the client, still my panda AV detected it having a virus.
the only solution was to uninstall it :(

Yeah ares has a few false files but that is way less than that of edonkey....
I had connecting problem as well but after i reinstalled it was fixed :D

Me too had connection probs, had assumed that ares network was shutdown or something, then I thought of giving another try and reinstalled a newer version, voila it worked :D

cowax said:
are you sure ares is a 'no forced spyware/adware', cuz during installation...i unchecked on all 3 (viz, navhelper, savenow n one more) and only installed the client, still my panda AV detected it having a virus.
the only solution was to uninstall it :(
Well it surely doesnt have a virus,this is a software used by lots of people,but it does have spyware/adware such likes of kazza,e donkey etc. etc..,try removing the files that were signalled and scan it again.

Back