As Urgent As It Gets: Regarding Macbook Pro Purchase..

aka911

Skilled
Hi guys,

A friend of mine is in dilemma and he has to make a decision by today evening itself,so some recommendation will be helpful to the cause.

He has a last gen MB pro, 15 inches with C2Duo and some Nvidia GPU.

Now the battery is out and the Mainboard has gone bonkers. He visited the Delhi apple care centre who are quoting Rs 42,500 for full repair, which to say the least is obscene.

The thing is, The same guys are selling the cheapest MacBook pro for 65.5 k,The same model as shown here:

http://www.ebay.in/i...em=260927828109

Also they(The delhi resellers,NOT the ebay seller) have agreed to buy back his non functional notebook for 12k, so the price is coming down to 65500-12000= 53,500.

Is this deal good enough? The hardware does meet his requirements and he has no big gaming needs. The screen size is a concern but nothing major.

The choice is between getting the old one repaired ot getting a new one.

So what do you guys suggest?

Any mac owners with any experience in this matter?

Regards,

aka

#DarKAngel

#RedDragon

Edit: Can't seem to be able to edit the post above. Just trying the new feature with the member tag thing,Lets hope it works and is not case specific.

I don't think it's a good deal mate. Still full repair is simply - no - no for 43 grand.
<

the deal is good.tell him to get it without any qualms.

and let him know to get the apple care after his purchase.

Yes, I have also told him to go ahead. But he wanted a snapshot of the old MB hard drive. So the apple guys have told him to come tomorrow morning...

Regarding Apple care plan,I dont think he will buy it now,as he is already over his budget...

Btw He can purchase that plan anytime during the 1 year warranty, can't he?

I think generally there is a lead time to get the MacBook. So if he is in need of a working machine asap, then there is no choice than buying it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion guys. He will make the purchase tomorrow morning unless something untoward happens...

@Mods this thread can be closed..

Back