Ashes Cricket 09[Screenshots Released]

Now how is Codemasters getting time for Cricket when they have got their hands more than FULL with DIRT 2 ???

This is gonna be one more mediocre effort from people who don't know the first thing about CRICKET. The rules are just arbitrary, and too many bugs.

But i think the problem lies somewhere else :

THE BIGGEST market for a "Cricket" game as such is INDIA rite ? You could say its England but i think they are too busy playing NLB and FIFA/PES to even look at CRICKET.

So INDIA it is, now how i see it most of the " youngster " the types who roam around in PALIKA Bazaar with Black polythene bags in their hands [ me being on of them at one point of time ] having no idea what an "original" game is or its cost . . end up buying the pirated version ( and off course there are the humble downloaders ) . SO end of the day , releasing a game based on cricket doesn't turn out PROFITABLE and that is why not much R n D goes into it and leads to such SHITTY games . . so in a way we sow the seeds of our own DOOM.

Or maybe i am just diffusional. . .JUST AN OPINION :p

This is not an inhouse developement by the Codies. The game has been created by Transmission games A studio situated in Victoria (Australia). So this time around the people who are creating game atleast know something bout cricket. We chould expect a decent effort from the land of champions. Moreover this game is focused on ashes which is Test Cricket. Thus we should expect a proper game rather than that arcade style sheet we were served 3 years ago. Just take a look at the screenies at Gamespot and watch the video interview...I am hoping this one is the game we wer waiting for...

Piracy of cricket games is nothing compared to other famous games like FIFA 09. Yet companies make them. Coz even though there is piracy they earn profit. FYI there are more than 3 or 4 times people who bought the BLIC 07 for its Online feature than the "Ahem" Version. Cricket games have a big market in UK and Australia too. Specially during ashes season. BLIC 07 topped the gaming charts for 4 weeks during the ashes. Thats why developers are targeting the ashes... After all they are doing this for a living.

P.S: I am keeping my fingers crossed for monday(11thMay). Coz codies are going to announce the game officially to the media,thus hope to see some more exclusive stuff that day like gameplay trailer,anouncement of Demo and release date.... I hope they provide a demo this time around...

Jason Bourne said:
I hope they provide a demo this time around...

I dont see any reason why they wont! They had released a demo for the last game too (BLIC 2007)

Btw, we have EA Cricket 2009 coming soon too. And that looks pretty promising as well! But I reckon that both these games will be, as usual, a huge disappointment for the hardcore cricket fans!

m0h1t said:
Are there any multiplayer cricket games?

BLIC 2007 has online multi-player feature! Not sure about offline multi-player in 2007, but it will be there in 2009!

Looks good. But then again no fun as there would be no lisenced teams. So,at the end of the day we'll be given a lolipop with funny names,generic faces and crappy kits. Why don't the game developers buy lisences from Cricket boards in the first place itself? Who the hell in the era of T20 Cricket gives a damn to Ashes? We need T20 World Cup with fully lisenced teams....

don't worry, me and my friends would mod the game in a week and you would get a patch to convert the game to official names and kits... The game has good graphics and if gameplay is great than fake names doesnt matter as they are just superficial... So bear with them untill we finish the patch...

The Australian release date is : 19th July 09.... So get ready for action...

P.S: Did i mention that datman and bowlers in this game has stamina bars which affects the gameplay.. A batsman can be retired hurt for the first time in a pc cricket game... So this game would be nasty....

I'm gonna buy it just to support it. EA pretty much dumped the cricket business after seeing no market in it. They have got to realize there is a huge market (and now specially on the consoles since its impossible to pirate games on PS3 and Wii), it has just got to be advertised properly.

Jason Bourne said:
don't worry, me and my friends would mod the game in a week and you would get a patch to convert the game to official names and kits... The game has good graphics and if gameplay is great than fake names doesnt matter as they are just superficial... So bear with them untill we finish the patch...

The Australian release date is : 19th July 09.... So get ready for action...
P.S: Did i mention that datman and bowlers in this game has stamina bars which affects the gameplay.. A batsman can be retired hurt for the first time in a pc cricket game... So this game would be nasty....

are u a modder at Planetcricket.net...since those guys do one hell of a job with modding cricket games

Params7 said:
I'm gonna buy it just to support it. EA pretty much dumped the cricket business after seeing no market in it. They have got to realize there is a huge market (and now specially on the consoles since its impossible to pirate games on PS3 and Wii), it has just got to be advertised properly.

i might well be buying this game, just as you said, just to support it, so that next time they can buy the license.

you have ur facts strong, the Wii can be pirated, that too easily.

Back