Asian Paints

I want to paint my room with Asian Paints Royal Play.Do anyone know some contacts in Chennai.I checked their website and spoke to an authorized dealer.He is asking min Rs 5000 bucks labor charges.

Asian Paints Royal play need at least 100 Sq feet of surface area to paint. That is their minimum threshold. Even if you get 50 SQ feet painted, they will charge for 100. Each Sqft rates range from 35-40 types till 150 bucks.

I am not sure if the labour is included in that per sq feet rate or not.

Go to a normal paint shop and ask him if he knows any good painters. They do it by sq feet. The company has all sorts of stupid policies.

^^True about the stupid policies part. But on my personal experience, we had got our home painted and total cost was like 65k while normal painters suggested the same amount of work for like 60k so even when there was 5K difference, we went with Asian Paints for their professional work. They really do the finishing and all quiet well and before starting the paint job the entire room is covered in plastic (on non-paint areas and furniture) (like Dexter does before his killing :p).

raksrules said:
^^True about the stupid policies part. But on my personal experience, we had got our home painted and total cost was like 65k while normal painters suggested the same amount of work for like 60k so even when there was 5K difference, we went with Asian Paints for their professional work. They really do the finishing and all quiet well and before starting the paint job the entire room is covered in plastic (on non-paint areas and furniture) (like Dexter does before his killing :p).
nice one for dexter example lol

raksrules said:
But on my personal experience, we had got our home painted and total cost was like 65k while normal painters suggested the same amount of work for like 60k so even when there was 5K difference, we went with Asian Paints for their professional work. They really do the finishing and all quiet well and before starting the paint job the entire room is covered in plastic (on non-paint areas and furniture) (like Dexter does before his killing :p).
Pricey, did you get the proper paati treatment so your walls were level like a mirror. Doing that kind of work is really backbreaking. They'd make these batches of porbandar powder with wall fix and other ingredients. This is what they call a royale finish.

Thing is difference in appearance between royale & emulsion isn't too much, but the price/litre is signficant. Course in the shop they give you a tile to feel with royale and one with distemper to make the royale stand out, oooh, so smooth. So i asked him for a sample tile with emulsion, and surprise, surprise he did not have one.

Went over to a friends place and to be frank royale to me did not merit the 50% markup.

To the OP, are you sure you want royale play, just stick to a single colour, your less likely to get bored and it will never go out of fashion. A corridor or a single wall to highlight would look good with play but not a room, way too intense.

have you looked into wallpapers? Granted they are a tad bit more expensive than paint but they save you a lot of mess and time. The finish & look is similar or in some cases better than paint.

I'd say, avoid wallpapers if the walls in your room run the risk of becoming damp during monsoons. For the Royale Play, what raks has mentioned with regard to the rates is correct. I'm not sure how much you will save getting it done from non-Asian-paint guys, and it might end up as a shoddy work. Weigh the advantages & disadvantages and decide accordingly.

And, as already mentioned, use it on only one wall - preferably the wall without any doors or windows, and install lights on the wall opposite to this wall. If done well, it looks awesome.

[attachment=7694:13821.attach]

Attachments

• P1000958123.jpg
    P1000958123.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 77
We too have done it only on a single wall. For other parts it is some other paint. For absolutely levelled wall one would need a POP coat, something which is not there in my home and few walls are not levelled. There the painters suggested NOT to put a glossy colour as that would degrade the wall looks further because the un-level (do we have such a word ? lol) will be clearly highlighted, something that no one wants.

On a personal note, i would any day recommend Asian Paints. They have a task sheet / time sheet attached in the room and tasks defined day wise and if they are lagging they will add more people / work over time to get it done.

logistopath said:
I'd say, avoid wallpapers if the walls in your room run the risk of becoming damp during monsoons.

If your walls have a tendency of seepage during the monsoon you need to get good waterproofing done before doing anything else to the wall as even paint would spoil in that case. External dampness does not hurt either paint or wallpaper.

logistopath said:
And, as already mentioned, use it on only one wall - preferably the wall without any doors or windows, and install lights on the wall opposite to this wall. If done well, it looks awesome.
Ah, that should be the rule and you know what not a single room in the house qualifies so now i know why i could not decide where to do it and gave up :)

Did consider wallpaper at some point but it works out 2-3x more than paint per sq ft, that too royale. The only advantage is speed at which it can be put on and less inconvenience.

Back