ASP .Net 3.5

I started learning ASP .net 3.5 few days ago. Started studying from "ASP .net for Dummies" but wasn't satisfied with the explanation. I want to study ASP so much that i can develop enterprise level applications.
If any dot net programmer is available plz guide me regarding the best books available in the market and general guidelines to go about it.

Any help would be great.:clap:

Hey Sanjeet, that "ASP .net for Dummies" book is in fact the best to start with. Cover all the basics 1st.
If u have any kind of programming exp. before, then asp.net is a cakewalk.

Oops concepts, some level of web programming (HTML, JS et al) & basic database connectivity know-how (ODBC, ADO, OLEDB) & u can be on the way.
There are so many things involved with asp.net to be able to study all of them. But then again with the intelligence built into into the IDE, u can get away without any study :p.
Besides web development esp with ASP.Net is the considered the lowest form of development & for good reason. Everything is hidden behind framework, u can get away with poor optimization & coding.

And at most times u don't even have to write code to do stuff, for eg. authentication, data presentation, just click click & ur site is built. So don't fret over it, just make sure to study the fundas right & more importantly write some code & that book is ideal for all of that.

PS - For enterprise level applications u need to pick up on MVC, some CMS tools like DNN or subtext, SOAP, XML etc.

^^ I wouldn't suggest you buying 'another' book, most of the material + examples are available online and whose a better source than MSFT themselves, i.e. MSDN.

Rather then spending time on going through the entire book, visit this link - Learn : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site - here you can find tutorials of various topics, 'How Do I' videos to learn programming the best way, which is hands on.

Happy Coding! :)

Microsoft SharePoint, also known as Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies, is a collection of products and software elements that includes, among a growing selection of components, web browser based collaboration functions, process management modules, search modules and a document-management platform. SharePoint can be used to host web sites that access shared workspaces, information stores and documents, as well as host defined applications such as wikis and blogs. All users can manipulate proprietary controls called "web parts" or interact with pieces of content such as lists and document libraries.

-Wikipedia

Google to find out more!

For asp.net you couldn't find better books than Dino Espositos', but they are a bit dry and a bit more invovled. Best if you already know your stuff well. Great as a second book. Beginning asp.net 3.5 by Matthew MacDonald is a very good introduction.
Asp.net unleashed is simple, practical, comprehensive and a very good reference. asp.net black book(or most black book series books) are very bad, so are most dummies books). If you need a very simple intro asp.net step by step might be worth a look

^dude i find the "black books" very useful because they have explanation about all the concepts and controls and involve less practical work. It acts as a great reference whn u have another book which has practical problems, here for eg. ASP dot net for dummies. Its always better to know wht u are doin than just following blindly:cool2:

Back