ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastrykunal

Disciple
hi,
this is the asrock motherboard with both pcie and AGP slots.

Does anybody know where i can get this one??

most of my enquiries here haven't turned up anything.

Regards

not meh its just cuz its real cheap i think i emailed asrock they told in abacus its available aint sure i'll call em up..i am not waiting for it basically my some clents are :p

goldenfrag said:
^^ Why do you want that?

Just go with a PCI-e mobo now. AGP is dying, if not already dead.

Sorry if this offtopic, but just wanted to point out that this board is an excellent option to upgrade for those hanging on to a good AGP card as of now. You can have your existing AGP card working on it and get a PCI express card later.. And most imp of all, the board is cheap too.. :)

Delays upgrading to good extent and anything that delays upgrading saves a lot of cash.. ;)

Not only that... This board is one of the best overclocking boards if you do the simple Vcore mod...

seems tht if i get it in masses which i told my dealer he said hes gettin from singapor and bla bla i shud get some potential buyers here :bleh:

^^ Why do you want that?
Just go with a PCI-e mobo now. AGP is dying, if not already dead.
Well actually im pretty happy with my aXP 1700 @9.5*200,( 3100 3dmark 2005 ) and a perfectly good agp 6600 GT. I plan to keep atleast the card for a few more years.

This seems like a good bet to get a few more years life out of this and keep costs down.

Besides:

1. I dont think SLI is really needed(by Me). ( my current setup does quake 4 at 1024X768 4XAA quite smooth- dont know exactly how many FPS)
  2. There are dual GPU PCIe cards that may run on this mobo
  3. Upgrade to AM2 and DDR2 is totally possible.
  4. Theres talk of a riser card for this mobo that splits the 16X PCIe into two 8X slots to do normal SLI!!
  5. Most of the Review of this mobo are quite good
  6. Its so cheap!!
    IN the end a few FPS and A few more #D marks dont really make a big diff to most people.
Is AGP really dead? well now we can get a 7800Gs AGP. that should put a few more years life into this would'nt it?

Besides in a few more years ill be too old to play games anymore!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back