PC Peripherals ASRock Ion 330 or configured PC ?

.:napster:.

Disciple
Hi all
I have purchased a DELL 2209WA monitor and now i am left with only 25k for building an entire rig. I went through some reviews of the ASRock ION 330 and got impressed :), which retails around 18k. Now i am in a confusion as to go for the ION 330 based setup or to configure the hardware separately ( AMD based ). The purpose of the system is for gaming, movies, IPTV and browsing. Please give your suggestions so that i could proceed with. Thanks

ION = Atom based setup.

Atom based setup are usually considered for low power usage like downloading content and watching movies. You cannot compare an Atom based setup with a high end/multi core processor.

The reviews you have seem is compared along with other ION setup not with a standard desktop. If you want to play games better off with multicore solution.

Dark Star said:
ION = Atom based setup.

Atom based setup are usually considered for low power usage like downloading content and watching movies. You cannot compare an Atom based setup with a high end/multi core processor.

The reviews you have seem is compared along with other ION setup not with a standard desktop. If you want to play games better off with multicore solution.

FYI, The atoms are multicore solutions as well :rofl:

Is this your new tactic for promoting Phenoms without calling them phenoms? :rofl::rofl:

^^I own an Atom based NC10 and I know how good they are :p Can't even render a 10 frame 3d image :|

Dual core or single they are not meant to high end usage.

If you are keen on getting there is zotac mini itx board based on Nvidia 9300 IGP retails arnd ~6k...just power it with pentium E5200...better than atom dual core...

.:napster:. said:
At 6K it seems costly and i could opt for normal one :p

i know it costly the main difference is nivida IGP compared to intel IGP...also you could use any socket 775 processor compared to atom ion...

@napster

Assemble the machine. I recently upgraded with the same 25k and got a very powerful machine. Here is a sample list:

Phenom II X2 550 -> 5.5k

Biostar TA790GXB -> 4.5k

Corsair xms2 2GB -> 1.5k

Zebronics Bijli cabinet w/o PSU -> 1k ( Lynx is selling some good Gigabyte case ~1.5k)

Sea snonic 380 -> 3k

Powercolor 4850 -> 6.8k || Sapphire 4770 -> 7.2k (LYNX)

Logitech Keyboard+Mouse -> 650/-

Western Digital 320GB -> 2.25k

Total = ~25k

See if you can manage extra money for an APC 650VA UPS(~3k).

There is a good GO from madnav to get the procy+mobo combo @9850/- with that special 100% unlockable 0922APMW X2 550 batch. http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/phenom-ii-x2-550be-batch-0922apmw-141896.html

Sorry guys the guy who gave me the quote was wrong and just now i got a call from the VP and he said they have fininalized the price to be 18,400/- including taxes and it is yet to launched officially but they are promoting the PC it seems :)

Back