Assembled or Alienware PC

asis

Disciple
hello guys, i always used to buy new already assembled pc's

but few weeks ago, when i was not able to play games on my old pc..

i was thinking of buying alienware pc for my gaming needs

then a friend suggested me to assemble pc, because alienware pc are too over priced

so now i have interest in assembling and my budget is 1,50,000rs

i have collected these requirements

cpu - intel core i7 975 quad core 3.3ghz
mobo - asus p6t
ram - 2gb ddr3 1333mhz corsair ram * 3 = 6gb
video card - 2gb gddr5 ati hd 5970
hard disk - 640gb (suggest brand?)

i have not figured out these

fan and heat sink for cpu
power supply
cabinet
Operating system ( thinking win 7 home 64 bit ?)
kindly tell me where in south delhi i can buy cpu, mobo , ram , video card, etc
plz give shop name and address if possible.. that sell products in gud price.

hey dont waste ur money on alienware... u can assemble a damn good gaming rig for ur budget... as for the new rig i'm expecting that some pro members will give u suggestions very soon....

assembled is cheaper

i would not spend all that cash on a top-end comp...get a comp half the price 'almost' top-end, then use the rest of the money to upgrade the comp after 6-8 months

forget about alienware

you pay a lot extra for not much other than plasticky cases,

assembled is both cheaper, you have a larger variety of cases to chose from and you have the satisfaction on hand building a computer that is your own

A custom PC would smoke that Alienware crap any day of the week. Do yourself a favour and build one on your own. Set aside a few weeks for research, TE is here to help =) . You may even get a local member to help you with the actual build process, though getting it put together at a shop is still acceptable.

People would be insane to invest in Alienware setups. I never see a reason why anyone would. Minus the funky enclosure.

asis said:
thanks krishnandu

anyone from new delhi, kindly suggest some shops to purchase ram, cpu, video card plz

Dude , you live in South Delhi , goto Nehru Place , SMC , Cost2Cost , Computer Empire , RR Infosystems etc etc there are so many shops there , just enquire at 2-3 places , bargain and buy . Most will assemble it free if you buy everything from them .

You could also contact PrimeABGB - gaming@primeabgb.com . They are a local reseller in Bombay, that is starting their own line of Factory OC'ed and Tested Gaming PC's.

You will get something that has been tested and configured, directly at your doorstep.

Assembled PC definitely. It will save you a ton of money and you'll get a better rig for the amount of $$ you sink into your PC. Check out the Buying Guide which is another topic on this pc buying advice forum. That is what gave me a fair idea of what to buy and how much it would cost me approximately.

nukeu666 said:
assembled is cheaper

i would not spend all that cash on a top-end comp...get a comp half the price 'almost' top-end, then use the rest of the money to upgrade the comp after 6-8 months

this is a very good advice.

Back