Assembling laptop?

madhuraj

Disciple
Hi,

I want to know whether laptops can be assembled using individual components as we do with the desktops.

Is it possible?

In India nopes but in US u can get custom built laptops .If you are thinking of sourcing parts and building one thats not going to happen.

No it is not. The best you can do is customize your laptop(as in the case of Dell). But buying individual components and then assembling it is not an option

Great idea but its not possible 'cause there is no standardized case,motherboard,keyboard, etc components for assembling laptops.

Its not possible in India. In US some companies do that. But even then we can get a chassis and do the assembling ourselves since sourcing the mobo is difficult AFAIK. Also assembling is tricky.

Some time back i saw custom made laptops for gaming. You cant really assemble them but you can choose from the whole config-amount/type of ram, hdd,mobo with supportive gfx card, dvdrd, multi cardreader, even casing fan & cooler, casing color/make/material, keyboard-simple/fancy/tranparent led and even a fancy trackball etc. I guess that was some korean site which i had to translate to english via google translate.

DarkAngel said:
Its not possible in India. In US some companies do that. But even then we can get a chassis and do the assembling ourselves since sourcing the mobo is difficult AFAIK. Also assembling is tricky.

Hey! DarkAngel this thread was closed !!!

Back