Assistive technology devices: How disabled people use the web

Ankit2306

Disciple
Found this really interesting article , thought of sharing , any advices and opinion is appreciated , because me and one of my friend from IISc Bangalore are also ineterested in creating such helpful devices for the disabled , we are in process of developing a prototype assistive watch for SCI Paraplegic patients in collaboration with CMC Vellore .

Found this really interesting article , thought of sharing , any advices and opinion is appreciated , because me and one of my friend from IISc Bangalore are also ineterested in creating such helpful devices for the disabled , we are in process of developing a prototype assistive for SCI Paraplegic patients in collaboration with CMC Vellore .
I'm curious, how will that watch help. I currently have arthritis which makes keyboard and mouse use on computer difficult. Still have to use the computer for work and entertainment. Trying to add different hands-free ways to use the computer.

Dragon professional speech recognition software has been helpful. Purchased Tobii eye tracker. Still have to set it up to move the mouse around the screen with eye tracking. Another thing I have to set up is making mouse clicks work with some facial gesture such as double eye blinks.

Every SCI Patients on wheel chair needs to perform some basic tasks to keep there physical condition stable , They need to perform ICC or intermittent Clean Catheterisation every three hours , need to do push ups in wheel chair every 15 Minutes , for releasing pressure , otherwise there is a chance of getting bed sores , also there SPO2 level and pulse level fluctuates a lot , so we are trying an AI powered smart watch which will monitor all the vital stats , remind them of there daily tasks and also will sync the vitals to the Doctors , incase there is any abnormality , there will be a automatic call to the Paramedics pointing on the patients exact position via GPS , this surely does help .

Back