Asus 5745

I recently bought an Asus 5745 with out Dedicated graphics. The reason i didn't look for a dedicated graphics is battery backup.

Even though it's switchable dedicated graphics. I thought I wouldn't been needing much graphics, taking in to consideration the purpose is to have a Developer machine.

But now I am feeling bit guilty, after seeing my performance index score in Windows 7. 3.9 for Aero graphics performance. It's not looking good to me:S. I want my system to be perfect having a 5+ score:D. so would there be any chance I can custom upgrade to an external graphics card for laptop.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated/

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorry it's not ASUS. It's Acer Aspire 5745.. misspelled.

Isnt it Acer 5745 ? Asus selling lappy with same model no or wha ?

I guess you can add gfx card , since 5745G is the one with it , confirm with cc though !

~Spica Tapatalk~

Adding a after market GFX is most near to impossible in most cases and even if possible its not cost effective and comes with loads of extra issues. (U might have to buy a new power brick, The laptop might overheat, voiding the warranty due to adding a new component etc... etc...)

Best option is to sell the current laptop and go for one with a factory fitted GFX like the 5745G.

Back