CPU/Mobo Asus dead again 4 me.....

MAGNeT

Skilled
guys after my bad experince with asus a7v 400mx........i upgraded to new system as many techies here knows.........wanted to go 4 msi k8n neo platinum 4...but ppl suggested 4 asus a8ne........so i decided to again risk it.....and yup the crash free bios dies 2 days bak..............its bios chip is dead...comp refused to giv any signal(beels) when no ram was install and only jus fans on chipset and cpu were moving thats it...........

i gav it bak to service centre along with asus tv tuner card(which again got bad)............
today my remaining pocket money got lost...........

jus got a intel pentium 4 2.6ghz and gigabyte 915 mobo...total 8.5k................(will sell it if i get a lappy next year)

asus really ripped me.............
also were will i get as5 in mumbai........is it necessary to get acetone and iso propyl alchol...........???to clean it....new intel easily passes 75degrees............

well in short...2-3 days bak...comp was restarting on its own..i thght its a s/w prob...so i posted a doubt in troubleshooting section(no one replied)..........and try to guess wht the error was.....remove many s/w...and tried to check the hardware inside comp also..........

so i took my comp out remove the side panels and tried..comp worked well 4 2 hours without any prob...i then placed the side panels bak....and try again to check comp....but no reply frm bios...and no initiation to lcd was done......i again removed the panels to check.....when i switch the power on switch...........only the chipset and cpu fan start moving........but no beeps whtsover...............so i removed both my ram...still no bios initiation or checking done.......(no current was passing to keyboard and lcd).....
ask one of my frnd and he suggested most probably bios chip is gone........
i gav it to rma centre today..they told me to call on tuesday............ and i guess i wont get it unless 20-25 days r gone....

also my bios had prob...used to give checksum error..and changed the battery but still it continued..........ppl here too suggested if all connection r proper than mobo do have errors and chances of it getting wrong is probable... and i guess that only happened

they dont giv instant replacement.....first they check the board.......if its proper and can b repaired then they will correct it....if they cant they will replace it..............and as there is always crowd submitting there products they dont test it instantly...hardly there were 4 ppl in the rma centre.........and 1 was only 4 collecting products.....

Magnet: sorry to hear about ur misfortunes.. tough luck eh..
magnet said:
so i took my comp out remove the side panels and tried..comp worked well 4 2 hours without any prob...i then placed the side panels bak....and try again to check comp....but no reply frm bios...and no initiation to lcd was done......i again removed the panels to check.....when i switch the power on switch...........only the chipset and cpu fan start moving........but no beeps whtsover...............so i removed both my ram...still no bios initiation or checking done.......(no current was passing to keyboard and lcd).....
ask one of my frnd and he suggested most probably bios chip is gone........
i gav it to rma centre today..they told me to call on tuesday............ and i guess i wont get it unless 20-25 days r gone....
U know sometimes for no reason ur BIOS ship dies on ya.. it has happened to me twice.. and after mcuh searching and asking around the only reason i cud deduce for the 'death' was static electricity. If u r not 'grounded' properly while 'feeling' the insides of ur cabinet - like the mobo/RAM/graphics card then there is a high chance of u passing the static electricity u might have built up on to the mobo. It happened to me once when i was wearing rubber soled floaters, had placed the cabinet on wooden table and was fiddling with the insides.. PC was working fine.. then BHAM! BIOS dead..

In personal opinion/experience, I have been happy with Asus boards. Have used 3 Asus boards and 2 DFI and have been completely satisfied with it. But that doesnt mean it wont die on me.. its pure luck, but it can be avoided (most of the times) by simple precautions..

My First DFI LP Ultra-D which arived was DOA.
Sent back and got a new with all expenses paid by DFI for the shipping.
Its still with Funky , donno when will i get it as hes to busy these days.

Its pure luck. So far only 2 ASUS boards have died on me and both on same day during the rains here in mumbai when they got damaged due to power fluctuations and surges.

No problems with any other ASUS boards i have used. As said its pure luck. I already have had expereiced 2 dying DFIs. Now that was under perfectly normal working conditions. 1 was DOA and 1 died all of sudden while in bios tweaking memory timings when it switched off and died.

Compared to that ASUS is lot more stable and reliable :p

Each one has its own plus. Asus is probably the most stable board out there.

Its just your bad luck with the ASUS. Their products are definitely not of bad quality.

Anish said:
But I don't understand why you spent 8.5k on buying a new Intel CPU/Mobo :huh: ?

i had pentium 3 as an old processer............it run well 4 4 years....only prob i faced was jus hard disk..........then also psu ran out...but i thght mobo was gone so sold it(i had no knowledge of hardware at that time).....then afterwards i started with amd 2600+ xp processer....frm 15 days onwards my whole days and night was wasted on it........and as time passed the prob took away my new hard disc..........and finally i sold it and went for this config(asus a8ne+amd 3000+) and again my time is being wasted in going to place and and submiting stuff then getting it bak.......

ill keep this mobo and cpu as backup...............now if i dont get a replacement for 20 days................ do i sit blank without doin stuffs and spend 1k everymonth on net...............
in short.....the bottomline frm my side is.......i finally gav up...........i wont b doing ny stuffs in computer feild nymore......all hopes gone.....earlier tried to do programming...spended 25k on it...and the institute ran away.............
then enggr...........no good guys ard to help....was so depressed...gathered lot of backlogs...and then never studied and now after 4 yrs also i m not confident in any languages....and now with hardware....wasting time on it................
nyways thats it....presently looking for carrier option...........

magnet said:
ill keep this mobo and cpu as backup...............now if i dont get a replacement for 20 days................ do i sit blank without doin stuffs and spend 1k everymonth on net...............
when my A7N8X Dlx had to be sent for repairs, i had a deal with my vendor. I bought a Gigabyte KM400 board, used it till i got my board repaired and sold it back to my vendor, albeit at a lower price :).. the dent in my pocket was 100 bucks :D.. bot the gigabyte for 2.8k and dealer gave me 2.7k back..

masky u lucky fellow....... my vendor as soon i said i had prob....he showed me direction of rma centre and told they will tak care of me.....vendor comp selction.......many mumbai guys knows abt it........

Hmm have used quite a few Asus products, between me an my friends, relatives etc and I have never really had an issue uptil now. As Masky was saying you need to be careful with static electricity...

Back