Asus Eee PC 12 Inch 1215T laptop

It is not available on ebay India. I have checked it before making a post. Simply replying to a thread just to count on number of post is not in good taste. Pre asumption on your part that the individials asking questions are naive and you are the only expert adviser here is not in good taste either. You either duno the difference between Asus 1201T (which is available on ebay India, that is almost at the end of its life cycle) and Asus 1215T. Iam not even talking about 1215N, that mingh be available even on ebay. I am talking about 1215T.

My intrest is in Asus Eee PC 1215T 12 Inch. I want nother bigger or smaller than 12 inch. @nehaladsul.. As for as I am concerned, 10 inch & below netbooks are alsmost dead and more so over if they come along with intel Atom & Intel crapy VGA 3150. They are pure vaste of money, which you will realise within a month of buying. I have considered Dell mini & HP mini and bought HP Mini and immediately I had return it for refund. My dealer was kind enough to accord me refund after charging me some 500 bucks. I was lucky enough to get away by paying 500 bucks than owning this junk for whole life.

I am very specific, I want ATI inbuilt graphics and not a laptop with ATI graphic card. This is what most of them trying to lure public by giving a ATI graphic card on intel systems for compensation towards intel VGA HD 4500. This where luring or tricking come into picture. There is difference between integrated VGA to descrete VGA, with regard to heating, battery and ofcourse cost advantage. A good integrated VGA from ATI is far superior than its competitors and almost 70-80 percent at par with discrete grahics at much lower rate.

Therefore, I am left with no choice rather to get get maximum in least possible amount (@ Rs 22000) i.e Asus Eee PC 1215T 12 Inch netbook is powered by a 1.7GHz AMD Athlon II Neo K125 processor, AMD RS880M chipset, and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphics. New Asus 1215T netbook is a 12.1-inch LED backlit display with resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, 2GB of DDR3 RAM, 320GB hard drive (plus a 500GB cloud ASUS WebStorage), Ethernet LAN (10/100 Mbps), Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, three USB ports, VGA and HDMI outputs for connecting an external display, 0.3 megapixel webcam, card reader (MMC/SD/SDHC), and a 6-cell 5200 mAh battery provides up to 7 hours of battery life.

No wonder, monopolists are selling their Atom based 10.1" inch netbooks at same price, which are not even 1/2 the worth of Asus Eee PC 1215T configuration. More over It is very difficult to attempt buying AMD based PC/netbook. Dealers have been bribed by Intel for discouraging sale of AMD powered systems. Some cheaters, to be precise Dell was caught red handed and subsequently HP & Dell were forced to release properly configured AMD machines. Asus, MSI, Acer have been in balance always. Some more like Sony/HCL needs to learn before they are caught indulging in monopolistic practices. See benefit to cutomer is that today a premium notebook with Phenom II X3/X4 Processor and inbuilt graphic @ HD 550V (HD 4290) with regular 2/3/4 GB Ram & 320/500 GB HDD from 14 to 15.6 HD screen are available within 30,000

Thanks a lot. But still I can't buy because only silver colour is available. I want anything except silver. This is for my family. They completely revolted against me, when I bought them a HP mini not for its size but for it to carry Atom & other intel stuff. It was a complete surprise to me. I had to refund that loosing Rs 500 bucks. When It comes to myself, I will settle for Phenom II X3 with ATI 550V @ 14 Inch. Only HP seems to have few of their business ProBook 4425 in this zone. Dell also have a model with similar configus but the screen is 15.6 and that can not be considered as portable. Had it been 14 inch, I could have bought it long back.

1215t does not have hdmi / or such a long battery life , so anyway i am also confused between this and msi x340 , any suggestions?

If you want longer battery life, stick to Atoms. I dunno about the availibity of this. I have a single core atom notebook, and it just about plays 50% of the 720p files, battery life though is unmatched at over 6 hours...

am done with low powered 10" screens , but dont want to spend on a 14" laptops heavier ones , so looking for a x340 / 1215t provided they do run photoshop?

kippu said:
1215t does not have hdmi / or such a long battery life , so anyway i am also confused between this and msi x340 , any suggestions?
X340 has HDMI but during HD playback it lags a lot

If you want to run Photoshop then stay away from both these options.

Lol Photoshop is the only application (including games) which makes my desktop X2 4000 with 2 gigs RAM, bow down on its knees. Especially when I am editing 2-3 RAW files, I simply cannot listen to music during the process.

Why not the 1215N, if I may ask, brother. It's got USB 3.0 and a dual core Atom. Is Atom that bad? The single core one is bad, but does the job for people who don't do much graphics intensive stuff. Am I wrong in choosing the N over the T? I am looking for one for myself. I need good, clear text visibility and a fast zippy processor with good connectivity. Why not the 1215N?

my roommate got the 1215t one day back..its awesome..except that volume level are not that high through the speakers and the earphone..not a big problem though..it was able to play 1080p content from wireless source without any problems..it has hdmi port..overall a good deal..running win7 professional 32 bit..have not tried photoshop and do not think it can handle that...

got from SMC ..pm him...

Frank do try out the Atom system before you buy it. For single threaded tasks they are very slow. A CULV Core 2 duo would be a better option methinks

Not unless you can source one from the US unfortunately :( Locally the only one i can think of is The MSI X340 is selling for ~20k though, have a look at that. Tho its only got a single core processor i think

And maybe you could get an Acer Aspire 1551 for a decent price here. This is the config - Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS1551-4650 NoteBook AMD Athlon II Neo Dual-Core K325(1.30GHz) 11.6" 2GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm ATI Radeon HD 4225

The same is available in a lower config, single core 1.7 Ghz K125 processor and might be a fair bit cheaper

Back