Laptops Asus Eee PC - Pune or Lamington?

freefall72

Disciple
I'm very interested in buying the Asus Eee PC 1000H. The price I've been quoted in Pune is 21.5 K for the 80 gig with XP Home version. I'm going to Bombay on Friday and will be going to Lamington road. Do you guys think I'll get a better price there? Since I live in Pune will it be better to buy from Pune? or Lamington?
Thanks.

You can also check Aspire one. Now that the same is available @15.5K or so with winxp.... Just my two cents. Search around on the forum on the exact thread

I did check out the Aspire One, Lenovo S10 and Eee PC at Chroma. My primary usage is writing articles etc, listen to music and maybe watch a movie once in a while. Aspire One screen size was a bit too small, in my opinion. And Lenovo has a 3 cell battery. Hence the Asus Eee PC as my choice.

Prime ABGB website lists the price as 24.5K. I guess if I go to the shop personally, they will give me a better price.

yeah contact "the bond". If mobility is not an issue with you then why not add some moolah and get a proper laptop. Acer one's are pretty cheap and light too. Have used a couple of acer's.

If I'm not mistaken, the new Acer has been quite a letdown. Does 1" make that much of a difference? IMO, the Aspire One is more VFM :)

Sei said:
If I'm not mistaken, the new Acer has been quite a letdown. Does 1" make that much of a difference? IMO, the Aspire One is more VFM :)

Lol! :eek:hyeah:
1" makes more of a difference between say a 9" and 10", than between a 14" and 15" screen.
And Aspire One doesn't have Bluetooth.

Asus 1000H(with proper 5800mAH 6-cell battery) cost around 25000rs here :p . Do check out Acer Aspire One, its so cheap after applying e-bay coupons :)

^^
Which EEE PC 1000H comes with a 5800mAh battery? Never heard of any such battery option.

The 80GB version comes with a 5400 or 5200mAh battery and the 160GB version comes with the 4400mAh battery.

If he has to pay 25k for the EEE PC, I think it will be better if he bought the Samsung NC10 because of the good battery life and great keyboard.

20.5k locally for the 80Gb HDD/ 6 cell batt version - 5400mAh :)

22.5k for the 160Gb/4 cell batt version. - 4400mAh

I recommend the 80Gb/6cell one :)

hotshot05 said:
^^
Which EEE PC 1000H comes with a 5800mAh battery? Never heard of any such battery option.

The 80GB version comes with a 5400 or 5200mAh battery and the 160GB version comes with the 4400mAh battery.

If he has to pay 25k for the EEE PC, I think it will be better if he bought the Samsung NC10 because of the good battery life and great keyboard.
Sorry I meant 5600mAH battery option.

@Techie what do you say about this?(config is with 160GB HD-proper 1000H)

The 4-cell 160GB version came a long time and now Asus is sourcing proper one as my brother also got the same with 5600mAH battery!

broar94 said:
Sorry I meant 5600mAH battery option.

@Techie what do you say about this?(config is with 160GB HD-proper 1000H)

The 4-cell 160GB version came a long time and now Asus is sourcing proper one as my brother also got the same with 5600mAH battery!

I would say my mistake :p

5600 mAh battery

The Asus E1000h originally came in an 80Gb version with a 6600mAh 6-cell li-ion battery. In order to better compete with other netbooks, Asus upgraded the hard drive to a 160Gb unit. However, in order to balance out the increase in costs, they seem to have reduced the battery to a 4-cell 5600mAh polymer battery unit.

The second theory is that the recent battery shortages forced Asus to go with lower capacity batteries in some units.

Just read my own review :rofl:

Asus E1000h 160Gb Windows Xp version - Reviews and Previews - TechEnclave

The 4400/5400 thing confused me. It should have been 5600/6600 for the 4cell/6cell :D

@predatorvj: Which version for 22.xk? The 160Gb/4cell or the 80Gb/6cell?

Finally! bought the Asus 1000H for 20.5 K from Karan Solutions. Very excited about my new toy :))

Thanks to Techie 007 for the heads up! Your guy was great.

Next on my agenda is a nice backpack which can carry my netbook as well as other stuff.

Where to buy from (in Pune) and for how much?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Back